Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. I probably won't post much but I read alot...:roll: I'm interested in showing my boy once he's old enough and may want to get him in on some weight pulling and agility if he shows interest...

He's BluHaven blood, and he's been a wonderful addition to our family..

In this picture he's a little over 4 months and about 30 lbs.

Seems like there are some really good looking dogs on here.

Please let me know any opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome! He's very handsome. Do you have a ped to go with him? Is he Am Staff? LOL I'm just asking. But he's very very handsome.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D
there another new member with a pup from bluhaven
hes definitely a cutie!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! He's very handsome. Do you have a ped to go with him? Is he Am Staff? LOL I'm just asking. But he's very very handsome.
He's full blood APBT, I do have a ped, but I cant figure out how to post it..

Just curious, what makes him look amstaff?

Thanks for the compliment by the way!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
OMG so cute! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Very pretty dog, welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
He looks AmStaffish to me also Since, in my experience ASTs come in Blue fawn more than APBTs do, But that's just me :p
Either way, he's a nice looking pup.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
he's a very good looking pup, good ears, color, and pattern. very cute. welcome to GP:)

and i agree with Kenaii about blue fawn being more AmStaffish color.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I think everyone is thinking your pup looks like an Am Staff b/c his markings/coat color are more often seen in Am Staff lines than they are in APBTs. Gorgeous pup though, no matter what he is. Thank you so much for sharing him with us.

Reactions: EckoMac

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
If its the BluHaven i'm thinking of they do not breed APBTs, though some are registered as such they breed American Bullies, ASTs and mutts aka "Pitterstaffs" and a few AmBully - AST type of mixes..

Again, if its the same i know some of their dogs are registered as APBTs but thats not really what they are producing.. Some solid dogs and pretty good consistency, but thats about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If its the BluHaven i'm thinking of they do not breed APBTs, though some are registered as such they breed American Bullies, ASTs and mutts aka "Pitterstaffs" and a few AmBully - AST type of mixes..

Again, if its the same i know some of their dogs are registered as APBTs but thats not really what they are producing.. Some solid dogs and pretty good consistency, but thats about it.
I'm still new to the whole bloodline/breed discussion, so please take my questions and comments lightly.

Also keep in mind that I have not spoken directly to anyone at Bluhaven.

It seems like bluhaven has been pretty successful in ukc conformation shows. If what you say is true, why are they doing so well?

Please don't think that I'm taking offense to your comments. We got him first and foremost to be our companion and pet. He has turned out to be exceptional at both, whether or not he conforms to any breed standard.:pup:

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
The Blue haven dog peds I have seen are amstaff ukc dog crosses. he is a handsome dog. Is he registered in the UKC? If so I think he could be a good show prospect!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I'm still new to the whole bloodline/breed discussion, so please take my questions and comments lightly.

Also keep in mind that I have not spoken directly to anyone at Bluhaven.

It seems like bluhaven has been pretty successful in ukc conformation shows. If what you say is true, why are they doing so well?

Please don't think that I'm taking offense to your comments. We got him first and foremost to be our companion and pet. He has turned out to be exceptional at both, whether or not he conforms to any breed standard.:pup:
UKC conformation favors a thicker boned slightly longer body dog then a traditional APBT fancier would. For a long time AKC dogs could be registered with the UKC as APBT. Until just 2010 were the books closed to out side registries.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Pretty much what rudy said, or in other words, if they conform to UKC standard, registered, etc.. Than they can be shown.

Another thing you have to realize is the APBT is not a show dog, this is why the American Staffordshire Terrier exists.. Came down from the same hands with a different purpose. A breeder with a primary focus on show titles is not breeding APBTs, rather, ASTs. It can be confusing to understand really because of what is put on the registry papers, bloodlines, etc..

So don't worry if you don't really understand at the moment, take in a little at a time and eventually it all comes together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So if i'm understanding everyone right, he looks AST because of his coloring and because he's heavier boned than a traditional APBT. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also are ya'll saying that UKC conformation favors a dog that looks more AST than a traditional APBT? If so is this because of how the standard is written or because of judges bias?

Thanks again everyone for the kind and educational words!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts