Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance & I have always wanted a Pit Bull, so about a month ago getting approval from our condo board, we started looking. It was actually quite difficult, the ones we found were either $1,000+ or there were no males left, one female is enough for us. Then getting a phone call from a close friend, who had rescued a litter of Pit Bull puppies, offered us one. Thus on Sunday June 5th we brought home Dai Ca, only 4 weeks old we knew we had a big responsibility at hand. It's been 5 days now having him home, he is fairly crate trained, he'll have the odd pee on the rug, slowly understanding his name, "no" "come" & "kisses" . He takes well to his food, a mix of puppy "mousse" & puppy formula, next week we will start him on dry kibble with warm water. Tuesday he had a vet visit, our vet advised he wait till 6weeks to receive his first vaccines & then proceeded to DE worm him. Joining this forum for positive, helpful, knowledgeable advice & information. We need all the help we can get to raising him from 4 weeks - 8 weeks. After that, we have had experience with. But never with such a young pup.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome , cant wait to see more pics that profile pic is adorable.

·
Banned
98 Posts
The vet is right about the first vax, but there's no reason that pup can't be wormed yet. Especially if it's from a RESCUED litter. Which would imply to me that the mother nor pups weren't taken care of therefore worms were most definitely transferred from the mama to the pups.

Next please fix them so you don't have a litter that needs rescuing one day.

Last but not least, please don't call them pittys :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, yes there will be more pictures :)

Yea he did have worms, he immediately had bowel movements containing them *icky* but his stool is normal now. He will be neutered that's for sure & I'm sorry :( I'm used to the nickname from when I was little. Is it offensive to call them that?

·
Banned
98 Posts
Well as an owner I think it sounds ridiculous and uneducated, but that's just my opinion. We as breed owners are looked at by the general public as owners of dogs they hate. The more educated we sound and using the proper name of the breed puts forth a better image as far as I'm concerned. ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Hi and welcome to GP, I am a huge fan of red dogs and that sure is a cutie little guy ya got there. THank you for rescuing and I would do as Boogieman suggested with the de-worming. I look forward to more pics :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) such a young baby boy. Glad you saved him! Watch for any behavioral issues as he matures. Pups taken from there mom that young don't get taught proper manners and bite inhibition. They learn those things from there mom and siblings so you definitely have some work on your hands but I'm sure you will be fine :) just stick around here ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose it does, seeing as how it's what I referred to as a kid. I will use the proper name given, Pit Bull, from now on :) I dislike the label they have been given by the public. With that we hope to raise an intelligent, loving, happy Pit Bull :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone :)

Yes I have heard bite inhibition can be a problem, he will be enrolled in Pit Bull Behavior Training classes once he has all his vaccines. Hopefully that will help

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you :) I can't upload pictures to my album :(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I agree photobucket is the easiest I think too. Look forward to seeing your pup's pics :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok thank you :) I have made an account & here are some pictures :)
Quick question, I know kittens eyes change colour as they get older, my vet said his eyes will turn from blue to brown as he gets older, is that true with Pit Bulls?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well as an owner I think it sounds ridiculous and uneducated, but that's just my opinion. We as breed owners are looked at by the general public as owners of dogs they hate. The more educated we sound and using the proper name of the breed puts forth a better image as far as I'm concerned. ;)
uh ohh i guess im uneducated because i couldn't make my name pitbull so i had to use pitty haha :O
Im sure no one uses the term pitty in a serious situation or conversation,
and im pretty sure since i used the term a few times in my life or the OP using it does not make anyone uneducated about this breed. i really do not understand why a lot of people are so anal sometimes about the smallest things, a lot of people take owning the breed wayyy to seriously, im not talking about the actual OWNING of the breed that needs to be taken very seriously but come on using a dumb word a few times in a none serious setting separates the educated from the uneducated? To me what makes someone uneducated is when they start saying untrue facts, like they can lock their jaws, or that they are extremely dangerous and should not be owned by someone with a family, at least to me THAT makes someone uneducated not because they choose to use a silly term.

(and again the ACTUAL OWNING of the breed should be taken very very seriously, i do not want what i said taken out of context.)

im sure i'll get some hate from this but this is my opinion,

anyways cute puppy and i hope all goes well with him <---

Reactions: angelbaby and 9361

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Pitty love , Great post I agree its just a word its nothing that is harming the breed having someone call it a pitty lol.

To the OP , your pup is gorgeous such a sweetie, most cases the eyes will turn color they usually do turn from blue to whatever color brown, greeen, hazel, yellowish ect . But there are pitbulls with blue eyes so its like the same as people. He is adorable though I miss that age when they fit in your arms and sleep , and your arm doesnt fall asleep lol. enjoy this age and keep posting pics as he grows :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you :)

& thank you for answering my question, it's neat how their eyes can change colour, I only ever thought this to be in cats & some humans as we age. I will definitely be posting more pictures along the way. He grows every day it seems, his little build is looking nice as well, I will try to get a good picture of that; with that I'd love to get him into some agility classes, see what he could be capable of :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts