Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody new to the forum! Just thought I would say hello and put up a pic of my pup. Her name is Athena and she is my first APBT. I had a pit/boxer mix but when I went away for the Army i had to leave her with my parents and now I'm home I cant take her away from where she has lived for the past 4 years. I've had Athena now for about 5 weeks (shes 12 weeks) I'm not sure if shes a red nose or blue? I wish i had papers to know her bloodline but I didn't have the cash to get em, maybe in the future. This is when she was 7 weeks. Anyways I'm sure ill see yall around here.

Attachments

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D shes a cutie!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome, she is very cute . She is neither blue or rednose from what i can see in the pictures { you know its just a color right has nothing to do with bloodlines} she looks fawn and white to me but maybe someone else can chime in there. SO do you mean she has papers from the breeder but you cant afford to get them? if they have papers for her they should be able to tell you who the parents and grandparents are atleast , give you some info on the bloodlines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, yeah shes a doll haha. When i first got her i kinda forgot how much of a handful puppies can be lol! Yeah i know its just a color, I really want to know her bloodline. The breeder didnt have the papers but she said she could get them and i would have to pay 150. I dont know if shes telling me B/S but maybe next week ill call to find out about getting those papers. Thanks again for the welcome everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah nd im hoping to get her ears cropped with the next few weeks. Hate the floppy ears on this breed (just my opinion). I've been researching the after care for the cropped ears and want to do it so bad.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
thast weird she would charge $150 for papers, it costs about $20 depending on registry to register an entire litter. Sounds sketchy. Even without the papers she should be able to give you names of her parents and grandparents. If you can get those { full registered name or even a kennel name would help } we could look and see what we can find for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
beautiful pup, do you have some one that can crop her ears, depending on where you live i might know some people that could do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thast weird she would charge $150 for papers, it costs about $20 depending on registry to register an entire litter. Sounds sketchy. Even without the papers she should be able to give you names of her parents and grandparents. If you can get those { full registered name or even a kennel name would help } we could look and see what we can find for you.
I know! I've been reading around here and I have seen alot of people saying its only about $20 so yah its real sketchy. ill give the chick a call and get the names of the parents and maybe the kennel name. Thanks for the help and ill let ya know what i find out.

beautiful pup, do you have some one that can crop her ears, depending on where you live i might know some people that could do it.
I live in south Florida in west Boca. i found a place that does the laser surgery and they want to charge me $350 if shes under 20 weeks and $450 if shes above 20 weeks. Is that kinda weird? I dont really know how much a crop is suppose to go for, of course location comes in play but should be around the same prices. That place is in Ft Lauderdale, its the only one that I have found to do the cropping. its only a half hour drive so its pretty close.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Make sure you ask to see pics of previous crops that they have done. All vets charge different usually anywhere from 150-450 depending on the procedure and their level of expertise.

Expensive doesn't always mean quality...If they are proud of their work, they will have pics.

Good luck and welcome :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make sure you ask to see pics of previous crops that they have done. All vets charge different usually anywhere from 150-450 depending on the procedure and their level of expertise.

Expensive doesn't always mean quality...If they are proud of their work, they will have pics.

Good luck and welcome :)
Yup I've been doing plenty of research on the crops and learned to ask for their pics also so for sure i will be asking that. I was actually referred to this guy by a clinic. before he gave me the number he asked what kind of dog it was and i told him APBT and he said that the doc loves pittys. so im assuming he has done a fair share of them but of course i will get details when i set up an appointment and see his portfolio. Of course these too clinics may send each other clients and are going to say that the other are the best blah blah blah. I'll keep everyone posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts