Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband found a puppy while he was patrolling in a part of town with few houses, and couldn't find where it had come from. He brought it home, it was Friday March 18 near midnight, so I knew it would be with us for at least the weekend. Long story short, ended up keeping her. We couldn't tell what she was, just soooo cute. I thought she was 7 or 8 weeks, but turns out it was more like 4 or 5. Estimating birthdate mid-February. As she got some growth on her, she turned out to look exactly like many of the white & black pitbull pictures here and elsewhere. She looks like the little rascal's dog, except she is already huge, weighs 30 lbs today at just over 3 months. She was so little when we got her two of my dogs (one a chihuahua) were beating up on her. Now, not so much. So, maybe 5 or 6 lbs. when we found her, 12.7 on April 4th, 20.6 on April 27th, 30lbs +/- now (home scale not as accurate as vet, but within 2 lbs last month when I compared). Should we be afraid? I double checked pictures of great dane puppies, just to make sure she wasn't one, but even so I think she is going to be big.

Attachments

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Well welcome to the forum!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
very cute! Welcome to GP! :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
A good estimate to how big they will grow is to double the weight at 4 mo.She definately looks pitbull but ya never know without papers.She is a pretty girl and im glad she found a good home.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aww cute puppy, I am glad you are keeping it instead of bringing it to a shelter, unless you cannot take care of her. She def look like she has a little pit in her. There is a lot of information here so when you get time please check it out. Welcome to the forum. Is it just me or is you dogs legs really long in the back?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
She may be an American Bulldog. They look very very similar but are much bigger than an APBT.
Welcome to GP :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome , she sure is cute.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
She may be an American Bulldog. They look very very similar but are much bigger than an APBT.
Welcome to GP :)
My first thought too. Very cute pup.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D whatever she is ... shes a cutie!!!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
awwww so cute! Love her nose :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
She is adorable! and you have a terv too ;) she looks like a pit bull but no way to tell for sure and I would bet they have her age wrong. If she is a pit bull please hang around and do some research about the breed so you can keep your other dogs safe as she matures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts