Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for welcoming me in the forum!
I don't have any dog yet. But I have a plan to buy one for my family. I have just join the
online communities for informational purposes. I am not a big fan of bulldogs as a family
dog. But my friends are insisting me, that's why I join the forum to get some information about
this breed. I am actually looking for Pomchi dog. But I am here to know about bull dogs. I need
some sincere suggestion from you guys about the pitbulls as family dog. Thanks!

· Administrator
5,700 Posts
Glad that you are doing your research Julia. The American pit bull terrier, the only true pit bull, is a very high energy dog that requires a lot of physical and mental exercise. It also may not get along or tolerate any other dogs in the household. They are great with children and humans in general. They are a loyal and strive to please their owners. They are also headstrong and determined to be the boss so early training is important, so they know you are in charge. Long and frequent walks, treadmill, and flirt poles are a few methods of getting these dogs the exercise they require.
Basically, if you are looking for a couch buddy who likes to lay around the house and do nothing, this is the wrong choice of breed. You couldn't ask for a better family dog if your lifestyle fits the criteria.

Joe

· Registered
17 Posts
I am new here! Welcome me.:););)
Welcome julia86, This is a great place to be. I totally agree with jttar, The American pitbull terrier is a high energy dog. If not properly exercised and mentally stimulated they will get bored even depressed and possibly a little destructive as a way to let you know they have energy building up. However, its a great way to keep yourself in shape going on runs and long walks. These dogs are also a very loving breed. They enjoy affection and cuddling with you while watching the latest Homeward Bound movie. They are protectors and will give their life for you. They have no fear at all. Excellent family dog. In fact I dont think you could find a better family dog. If your lifestyle affords you the time needed for exercise than you won't regret this breed.

I used to not like pitbulls as I was a believer of all the horror stories out there. One day I found a little guy deathly ill, covered in maggots with worms coming out both ends. He was no older than 10 weeks and was chained to a tree left for dead. He had parvo, ringworm, malnutrition, you name it he had it. I cut the dog loose. He was so weak he couldn't open his eyes or lift his head. I took him to a hospital where they offered to put him down for free. I said no I came to help him not kill him. The vet told me to keep him suffering was inhumane. I told him I intended to help the pup and so he gave me dewormer and told me he'd be dead by morning. I spent the next 48 hours forcing pedialyte and protein rich foods down his throat. He wasn't happy but he understood I was helping him.

Miraculously he lived and Ive had him by my side now for 10 years. He has been my best friend in this whole world. I honestly would risk my own life to save his. Sounds crazy I know but we have this bond and love for each other that is so strong I can't explain it. My point is I used to be a hater. Now I will never raise another breed ever and have since adopted another and she is equally as loving, intelligent. loyal, and fearless as my boy is. I love this breed thats all I can say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts