Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum and new pitbull owner here. I've always wanted one and finally get the chance to have one now that I have ny own place. I've always love the breed and known how good of a dog they really are. I've always had rotties as family dogs so im not a new dog owner lol. My little man's name is Diesel he's 6 weeks and ill be picking him up next weekend when he is 8 weeks. Been reading a lot on feeding and training and I think I'm going to go with the innova puppy kibble . Here is s pic of him I'm adopting him from a rescue org his mom was at a high kill shelter in nyc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys I'm super excited , can't wait to take him home next weekend. Any tips as far as food/ supplements go ? I was thinking of salmon oil but not sure how long I should wait for that.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thanx guys I'm super excited , can't wait to take him home next weekend. Any tips as far as food/ supplements go ? I was thinking of salmon oil but not sure how long I should wait for that.
Welcome! He is adroable :) For now, just get him on a good kibble and not to high in protein. The highest I would go for a pup is 28% max. To high of protein can cause knuckling. As far as supplements go you can add plain yogurt with at least 7 active cultures and fish or flax seed oil. I just started my girl with flax seed oil and she will be 8 months. I feed blue buffalo dog food. I used to love Innova foods but proctor and gamble bought them out not to long ago and now I question the quality of the foods. That's totally up to you what you feel will be best :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts