Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was searching around the good ol' interwebs and found this lovely forum.
I am the owner of a almost year old pit that I love to death. I don't really know anyone else that has pits in my area so I thought I would join to read what others have to say.

Brooklyn is the love of my life! She is my first pit although I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. I am interested in getting another pit at some point soon and I would love to find a Blue pit as those are simply stunning!

Brooklyn's buddy right now is my 2 year old Chihuahua and I have to admit they look pretty ridiculous when they play together. Brooklyn needs a dog a bit more her size so she can get back a bit of what she dishes out.

Anyway, I look forward to reading...

ps. I'm from Menasha Wi.. anyone even close to me?

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Hello All,

I was searching around the good ol' interwebs and found this lovely forum.
I am the owner of a almost year old pit that I love to death. I don't really know anyone else that has pits in my area so I thought I would join to read what others have to say.

Brooklyn is the love of my life! She is my first pit although I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. I am interested in getting another pit at some point soon and I would love to find a Blue pit as those are simply stunning!

Brooklyn's buddy right now is my 2 year old Chihuahua and I have to admit they look pretty ridiculous when they play together. Brooklyn needs a dog a bit more her size so she can get back a bit of what she dishes out.

Anyway, I look forward to reading...

ps. I'm from Menasha Wi.. anyone even close to me?
:welcome: Welcome to GP!
Glad you found us! I have an almost 6 month old little girl named Keira, who is seriously the love of my life, as far as dogs go. She's my first ever Pittie, and my long wait, and all the begging for hubby to even consider a Pit was worth it. She's not papered (she was, but we don't have them-- and don't really care one way or the other) and she is a rescue. We got her at 8 weeks old after the first owners (who bought her from a breeder when she was 6 weeks old) dumped her because they got evicted for having her. I'm not near you, I live in Cornelia, GA. But just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I have learned a lot being here. :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you are happy with your new addition, however before thinking about adding another please take time to learn about dog aggression which is common and natural in this breed. I would hate for you to add another loved member only to end up with a dog fight. As your girl is young right now she may not be showing any dog aggression however as she matures toward 2 years old what comes with her breed may appear. I own 9 dogs so I am not at all against multiple dogs however mine are all kept separate and all Dog Aggressive (DA). You just want to know how it might work out if you add another member. Blues are very eye catching ( I personally am a brindle lover lol), but sadly often over bred for color alone so make sure to research who you get your Blue from so as to save you skin and fur issues in the future.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you are happy with your new addition, however before thinking about adding another please take time to learn about dog aggression which is common and natural in this breed. I would hate for you to add another loved member only to end up with a dog fight. As your girl is young right now she may not be showing any dog aggression however as she matures toward 2 years old what comes with her breed may appear. I own 9 dogs so I am not at all against multiple dogs however mine are all kept separate and all Dog Aggressive (DA). You just want to know how it might work out if you add another member. Blues are very eye catching ( I personally am a brindle lover lol), but sadly often over bred for color alone so make sure to research who you get your Blue from so as to save you skin and fur issues in the future.
:goodpost: Great advice Holly!

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts