Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, To start off. This is going to be sad & hard to post for me. MY name is Jeremy, I got a beautiful PB on Dec 28th from a cousin. The she got the dog for her mothers day gift. The PBs name is Keeta. Now at 10mnths old. My cousin separated from her man. The place she moved to would not let her keep the dog. So I being a animal lover took her. The only problem now( the sad part is here)is I must let her go. See I have my mother living with me. She had a very bad stroke 8-16. She has brain & speech damage. WELL, even thought she has a Cocker Spaniel. It seems Keeta stresses her with all the puppy playing hair shed. My mother is having sleeping problem. speech is getting worse . She has Aphasia. We do theropy every day for 2 hrs. But now she is so worked up over the dog & stressed it is blocking her. So my mothers health means a lot. She asked me today to build a dog house for her. NO WAY will I put her outside. She is so loving. Also I do not like to put them out 24/7. Maybe 6/8 most to play. So I got on line today to look for kennels to have her live at for a short time till I found her a great home . Then I found this site & joined. I would like to find a place that has a large fenced yard as we have. other animals if possible. But most of all a person to love her, not put her out back & leave her or worse. Any info help offers or ideals would be nice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said, She is right at 10mnths. Also she has not been cut. I was thinking of letting her have one litter & then spay her. She was weighted at 50.6 on Wednesday last week. So playful, Loving. Has learned to sit & lay for BACON treats..lol. Loves fetch & tugwar. Great with all people & animals.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id find a home who will fix her she does not need to be bred especially without papers. Very sad situation your in I hope she finds a great home. Have you tried to look for breed specific or non profit no kill rescues? maybe one of them could help you .

Reactions: Celestial88

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
In your area:

Another Chance For Animals
This is a shelter, but they do foster and don't euthanize animals unless there is a serious medical issue or unplaceable behavioral issue. They have several Pit Bulls, so I'd say it's safe to say they're bully breed friendly.
Another Chance For Animals | Petfinder.com

Bully Nation Rescue
http://www.bullienationrescue.com/

It Takes a Village (also many bullies)
It Takes A Village- Mission Statement

Those are just suggestions, I don't know any of them personally so make sure to asks questions to confirm that you're comfortable with how they'll do things.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you can't keep her anyways, and you're having trouble finding her a home, I don't know why you would think to let her have more unpapered puppies... She's only 10 months old anyways, and they're not fully matured til they are two. If there is no purpose for her to be bred, and she is needing to be rehomed, I wouldn't even think about breeding her....

Good luck finding her a furever home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the replies. SORRY for my wording confusion. When I was talking of breeding her. I was not planning to let her go at that time. I was just trying to explain why I had not got her spayed. But now I can not keep her, I have no plans to breed. In the past 2.5hrs I have looked at a lot of sites & info on places. I wanted to do a kennel but to let her live there it is 20.oo a day. Also they only let people come see there pets from 6am to 9 am. Then 5pm to 7pm. Mon-Fri. On a weekend you must call to set a time. THIS IS NUTS. So I decided not to do this. I been trying to get my cousin on the phone or emails. She has the breeding place they got her & all the info. Said she would bring it to me. I been trying since I got her to get all this together for my own records & my vet to have.

Celestial88 , Thank You for more sites to look at.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Check your local shelters as they usually offer free spaying and neutering for pit bulls. You should be responsible and have her fixed before placing her so she isn't subjected to a life of being bred over and over again since you love her so much. I hope you find her a wonderful home :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan on a spay before she goes for sure. The only reason I held off was I planned one litter to help calm her more. Then spay her . But I am planning a spay before she leaves.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I plan on a spay before she goes for sure. The only reason I held off was I planned one litter to help calm her more. Then spay her . But I am planning a spay before she leaves.
I know some people have different beliefs but letting her have a litter only adds to the overpopulation problem of unwanted pit bulls. It doesn't calm them down or make them healthier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know some people have different beliefs but letting her have a litter only adds to the overpopulation problem of unwanted pit bulls. It doesn't calm them down or make them healthier.
i have now learned that the breeding is not going to calm her. i have others on two other boards jst told me that. i think the gentlemen that told me it would had other ideals. he offered to let me breed with his PB at a place in tennessee. I could have one pup. they keep rest for there time & expenses. think he was about to play me. out of 40 yrs. so many pets even exotics. this is my first PB. so learning more & more all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you were in Florida I could take her for you. My fathers dog passed away in October and he's been heart broke since... we've been searching for a smaller, well behaved female for him but just haven't found the right one. I sympathize with your situation, and applaud you for taking the right steps. Good luck and never hesitate to ask anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am very sorry for your situation, my condolences. Remember this breed doesnt always attract the best charactered people to it... But on the other hand you have some great owners who know and understand everything it takes to own a pitbull. Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts