Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some new people moved next to me a while back,but now they have 2 big dogs,they just let them roam,idk what kind they are but they are DA.Monday at 1 in the morning they came over the fence and attacked my dog who was on a chain,i went and ran them off but they came back at 2:30 and did it again!

If i call AC will they take dogs that belong to them?Cause if not then theres no use to call cause they wont chain them up.

And the people on down from them have 4 dogs and they live right across the road,about a week ago there dalmation got loose and attacked my pitbull,who is inside except to use the bathroom.

Something has to be done,i dont wanna call AC if there not gonna do anything,cause last time they didnt.I think if everyone else has top keep there dogs up then they do too.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would definitely start by calling animal control. Explain it to them just as you did here, and if they don't do anything, keep calling every time you see the dogs loose. Is there a leash law in your area? If so, make sure to mention that to them too, that you know there is a leash law and they are clearly not abiding by it. If you keep pestering animal control, they will eventually have to do something about it, especially if the dogs are dangerous. Are they human aggressive, barking or growling at anyone? Definitely mention that to animal control if they are. Do you rent? If so, complain to the landlord too. Don't hesitate to call animal control first though, that's what they're there for!!!

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Build a kennel run and around the outer layer put up barbed wire fencing..if that doesn't work shoot them on sight. (IF your state allows it) in my experiance AC will tell you to deal with it..contain the dogs and they will pick them up..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Build a kennel run and around the outer layer put up barbed wire fencing..if that doesn't work shoot them on sight. (IF your state allows it) in my experiance AC will tell you to deal with it..contain the dogs and they will pick them up..
yes i could do that but when i take my pitbull puppy out to use the bathroom on her leash she will still be in danger,im just gonna call AC in the morning,i have 3 dogs and i keep all of them chained up or in the house so i dont think they should just let them roam.

thanks for the idea,if AC dosent do anything then im gonna have too,but its getting rediculous!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would definitely start by calling animal control. Explain it to them just as you did here, and if they don't do anything, keep calling every time you see the dogs loose. Is there a leash law in your area? If so, make sure to mention that to them too, that you know there is a leash law and they are clearly not abiding by it. If you keep pestering animal control, they will eventually have to do something about it, especially if the dogs are dangerous. Are they human aggressive, barking or growling at anyone? Definitely mention that to animal control if they are. Do you rent? If so, complain to the landlord too. Don't hesitate to call animal control first though, that's what they're there for!!!
Im gonna call in the morning,idk if they are HA but they run everywhere,and i dont rent......the thing is our AC people just dont do anything,they are located about an hour away so i guess thats why......the same people who own those 2 dogs starved to horses to death not long ago,probley a year ago,its awful.

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Find out what you are legally allowed to do if strange dogs enter your property. If my neighbors dog makes it onto mine after he has been warned and I put cinder blocks in the ground to keep him from digging, either Ecko will make short work of the giant lab, or I will arrange for .9mm of lead to end the problem. My dog comes first. period. Your property, your dog, find out your rights.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
^^^ good post! find out your laws first..I know where I am moving if a dog is on your property you have rights to shoot the mother beast.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
what city do you live in? I cant tell you what your laws are other wise..

some towns have laws some dont you'd be surprised ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Im gonna call in the morning,idk if they are HA but they run everywhere,and i dont rent......the thing is our AC people just dont do anything,they are located about an hour away so i guess thats why......the same people who own those 2 dogs starved to horses to death not long ago,probley a year ago,its awful.
You should definitely mention that when you call AC!! If they've been past offenders it should (hopefully) raise a red flag with AC. And I agree with everyone else, find out what your laws are!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should definitely mention that when you call AC!! If they've been past offenders it should (hopefully) raise a red flag with AC. And I agree with everyone else, find out what your laws are!
okay,i know that if they are harming your pets or you than you can shoot them,but theres no way i could do that,although someone i know tried but it just scared them off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what city do you live in? I cant tell you what your laws are other wise..

some towns have laws some dont you'd be surprised ;)
well i live near belfry ky,i know you can shoot them if they harm you or ur pets,but i couldnt do it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes but AC never knew and i have no proof is what they will say,they got 2 new horses.Im gonna try my best though

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
If it's my dog or there's you bet your rump it's gonna be there's.

If you want to do it the "humane" way, live traps and then drop them at the shelter. Done deal.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it's my dog or there's you bet your rump it's gonna be there's.

If you want to do it the "humane" way, live traps and then drop them at the shelter. Done deal.
ok thanks much,i never thought of that,theres so much drama where i live over dogs,some people just shouldnt own any,period!

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
If you contact your local shelters, they may be able to provide you with live traps, or a contact to get some.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you contact your local shelters, they may be able to provide you with live traps, or a contact to get some.
alright,thanks

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
oh hell .. thats your best bet.. call ACO so that its established a nuisance after a couple of times handle ya business.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh hell .. thats your best bet.. call ACO so that its established a nuisance after a couple of times handle ya business.
im sorry,i dont understand.....whats my best bet?im just trying to get help,i just came inside from running them out of my yard again.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
call the local authorities find out what your local laws are if there are any.. If there is an ACO call them the next time they jump in the yard take pictures of everything and be well informed when the ACO arrives. Next be sure to let them know that it happens so often they might get a call again in 15 minutes.. Thus, stating the evident that the neighbors have issues containing their dogs. Being country it should only take country law or as lil as ACO to say yeah if your or your dogs are to be harmed you have legal right to shoot them.. Calling the authorities is your only bet to having them on your side.. you gotta mess on your hands thats for sure.. keep a level mind and know your rights.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts