Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boyfriend has a one year old pit named Sid. I love him so much and i feel i don't know nearly enough about his breed. I recently noticed a lump on his ear and i have no idea what it could be. it is slowly getting larger, it looks like there could be some blood in it and it is almost a black color on top. i'm hoping someone could shed some light on what the problem might be we cant afford a vet visit right now.

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
Pictures would help out a lot

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
You can't upload it to photobucket?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I googled it and tried to find pictures that looked like it but i had no luck i'm really happy i found this site though because it's really hard to talk to people who don't have a pit because until you have one of your own it's hard to see past the stereotypes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that something you have to have an account with? It's been forever since I've been up to date with stuff on the computer lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
New bull owner

It looks like a tick that is very full to me. However, I could be wrong. Has it gotten bigger like really quick? More than likely a tick. If not then it needs to see a vet. Also ticks carry heartworm so be careful with that as well. :welcome:

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
First thing I thought of was a tick too. But that picture is too small for me to tell anything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I blew it up and it does not look like a tick. Did he get burned by chance?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
yah hard to tell.
but kinda looks like a skin lesion. maybe an ulcer of come kind.
maybe a spider bite?
maybe an infected bug bite?
first thing you need to do is clean it. use something mild like witch hazel. iodine is good. wait for it to completely dry and use a topical antibiotic like neosporin (he can't lick that area so neosporin is okay).
repeat and monitor for a couple days. if it gets worse then see a vet. he might need oral medication to get it from the inside. good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts