Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Joey and I have 2 blue nose pits both female. They are both sisters from the same liter and are 10 weeks old. The almost solid blue one is Hemi and the one with white on the snout is Kamea. Here are a few pics of my beauty's. I also have a few questions that more than likey you guys can answer and i'd appreciate any feeback.
1.Im afraid Hemi's ears wont look good cropped due to the fact that her ears sag and Kamea's are perky does this matter or will they still be fine? as you can see in pic 3

2. Hemi has these ( What looks like to me ) bites on her and it looks like if hair is missing as you can see in the pic below. Im wondering if this is bug bites or a rash?? Has anyone else experienced this? as you can see in pic 4

3. Whats some really good food to give them and how often to feed them cause im hearing different things from everyone.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
38 Posts
Beautiful... they gonna be spoiled I could tell lol welcome to the site.

EDIT: And to answer one of your questions (so others have something to do lol) the bite marks could be just from rough-housing with the rest of the litter/parents... my blue male had the same thing going on but they go away eventually if that is in-fact the case...

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Awwwwwwwww I LOVE LOVE LOVE puppies :D
Congrats on your new additions, and welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about ear cropping (my girl has naturals) or about those bites...

Edit: That is also a gorgeous cat ;)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i dont think the crop would look like :poop: i wouldnt chop either of their ears im a natural ear person but if i were to crop id leave kamea and chop hemis jmo

dont worry about the bite mark lookin things

blue buffalo's blue wilderness puppy

:welcome:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum!You have some cute little pups.
I wouldn't worry about the skin condition as of yet,as it could be a number of things many of which are of no concern.But I would keep an eye out on it just in case it is the beginning of an allergy or skin disorder,which does happen often in blue colored dogs.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi and welcome. You have two beautiful girls. I dont envy you tho raising two at one time is a challenge good luck. I would worry about the marks either unless they get worse then take her to the vet or just ask the vet when they go in for their next round of puppy shots.

I feed Native dog food it is a good food the price isnt too bad and it comes in three stages but the ingridents dont change just the protien changes..

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think crop looks really great on blues, but I left my black and white's alone, because I was scared she would look like a bear. (lol)

My puppy has those spots like that, also, I think it has to do with the heat and what not. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

I took the advice and got my pup off of diamond and onto the blue buffalo for puppies, and it has made a wonderful difference in her coat and her weight gain is where it should be. She loves it, too. :)

You have some beautiful blues. I am very fond of blues.

Good luck and welcome to the forums! :D

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Welcome cute pus!!! Id personally would crop em both, the one woth lower set ears may just require more taping.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys so much i will def keep an eye out on those bumps. right now we are feeding them natures choice. I just bought some wolf cub i hope this a good choice and helps them with their coat though they have some shiny coats as is.
by the way Hemi is 12.8 lbs and Kamea is 10.3 lbs

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome cute pus!!! Id personally would crop em both, the one woth lower set ears may just require more taping.
Im sorry for the " nebie " question but how do u tape the ears and is this something i do before or after. I want to crop them but dont want them to look droopy or stupid.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Welcome to GP, you have some cutie little girls there. As for the taping question it is something that is done after the crop takes place and the stitches come out. It is not required for any certain length of time, that is up to how well the crop comes out and your ability to tape, only reason I say this is cause I have had to do this with a non APBT dog I owned and it was such a pain but ears were much longer. Great questions and I am with Stoner on croppin ears, I love the natrual look but I do think both pups would look great with a crop. :D

·
3,272 Posts
Im sorry for the " nebie " question but how do u tape the ears and is this something i do before or after. I want to crop them but dont want them to look droopy or stupid.
Hold on darlin let me get you an excellent thread saved me alot of heart ach

·
3,272 Posts

·
3,272 Posts
awesome thanks really good stuff right there
Yes its an excellent thread! Better believe I had the vids playing while putting chezas ears up. If I hadnt she would have one sloppy ear and it would really bug me. Update us with pic if you crop the girls I think they will look great!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum :)
the floppy ears wont effect the crop at all , depending on length and dog you may have to tape after but they should turn out fine { just find a good vet with experience in cropping} very pretty babies you have there :)

·
3,272 Posts
will do is this a good age to them at or should i wait till they get older?
I like 12 we put it kinda depends how long of a crop you want

·
Registered
31 Posts
Adorable. They remind me of girls that were in Stormies litter. Precious. My puppy has those marks. But has started scratching them and losing hair. Vet said to give him benadryl. And Tonka had the drooping ears like that. We cropped but are having ALOT of trouble getting one of them to stand properly. Vet said its a weekness in his ear. We been taping and posting for weeks! I am about tired of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys ueah i think when 12 weeks comes around ill be doing the same i think i want a short crop for them not the battle crop

1 - 20 of 26 Posts