Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I got a 10 week old pit hes doing great i got him malnourished but hes back to health! i also have 2 kids 1 will be 18 months come april and the other 3 come april both boys so both very active, there is one problem the puppy thinks they are puppies! hell run and jump on them try to bite at their ears, i was told to use the lead to prevent biting, but any other suggestions on how to get him to stop, or things i can teach my kids, i attempted to teach them the stand like a tree thing but they dont understand it, which i thought would be the problem with their age.

i also was wondering if anyone would have suggestions on how to get my puppy to like it outside, hell go out if we keep putting him off our front steps, but he has a lot of poop accidents cuz he really does not like to poop outside for some reason, maybe he hates winter like me!

and one last thing that i can think of at the moment any one got suggestions on why he pees all over his kennel and bed at night? we take him out and in the middle of the night but when he gets up in the morning there is pee EVERYWHERE! im thinking it could be due to anxiety or something for i feel that he was abused before i rescued the poor guy. plz help cuz if i dont get this stuff under control i fear the landlord wont let us keep him! so any suggestions are wanted!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
With the biting it's all about correction, as soon as it happens. Grab his muzzle, keep it closed, and say "NO BITE". He should catch on eventually. My dog didn't like being outside when she was a pup, but now she loves it. It just takes a little bit of time, he's still young so just keep working with him.

How big is the kennel you're letting him sleep in? Sometimes if the kennel is too big he will soil it. A proper sized kennel should have enough room to stand, turn around, and lay down. Good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
With the biting it's all about correction, as soon as it happens. Grab his muzzle, keep it closed, and say "NO BITE". He should catch on eventually.
This is basically how I taught mine to stop puppy biting. I would pin him to the ground and grab his muzzle so he couldn't bite...as soon as he would realize struggling was futile he would relax, I would let him up and he would act like it never happened but would not bite again during that play time. He was broken of puppy biting by 18 weeks.

·
Banned
835 Posts
some might tell you to hit him in the head with his feed bowl but thats
not the right thing to do. pet him and stroke him and make him say
ahhhh!

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
ahhhh!
WTF are you talking about? If you can't answer the question with a straight answer, why even bother posting? Waste of space...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the ideals, i will defently try the muzzle thing, im afraid of hurting him, but obviously it must not hurt it others suggest it lol. i will not hit! if i wont hit my kids i wont hit a dog!

As for the Kennel i will be buying a small on to try out, for we got a huge one, so that might be the problem guess i had it wrong i thought more space would make him less likely to have anixety and stuff. so im going to buy a new one tonight to try out.

and i will for sure be getting him into training classes but he has to have shots before i can and the vet wont let me give him shots for another week n a half because of the condition he was when i got him. they want him to have 5lbs put on, then we as a family will be taking classes.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You can also limit his water intake 2 hours prior to bedtime. Taking him out before going to bed and 2 hours checks, just like your children and slowly increase time. Also you may want to put a few toys in his crate to keep him company/busy if there is some anxiety.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yep, it's pretty standard puppy stuff, mate. What Wingman suggested for the biting should be ok. Just make sure you're consistent with it and when you're correcting him the "NO" should be like a short sharp growl. Personally, I would just keep it to "No" instead of "No Bite" because it's shorter but you should get the same result. It shouldn't take too long if you keep it up.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
You can also limit his water intake 2 hours prior to bedtime. Taking him out before going to bed and 2 hours checks, just like your children and slowly increase time. Also you may want to put a few toys in his crate to keep him company/busy if there is some anxiety.
GREAT POST !!
I have 2 Pups now there Age, 11 and 12 wks, I took them out Every 2 hrs 24/7 from 8 wks till 12 wks..around 10 wks they didnt pee somtimes but i still took them, NOW this WEEK, I sleep from 11pm till 6am !!! CANT BEAT THAT ;)
I give NO WATER after 8 pm..so make sure theres like a 2/3 hr window befor bed for NO water !! You and them will get it, Dont worry !!

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
ahhhh!
Bro I hope you dont get 2 crazy and can stick around, LMBO..your NUTS hahahahahahah..I love it, your Killin me :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts