Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new pit bull puppy and he is a handful. He can be loving at times but then he gets these crazy eyes and just goes for us. Any tips on how to take care of him/ train him?
I show him in my vlogs a lot if you guys want to see what I mean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a new pit bull puppy and he is a handful. He can be loving at times but then he gets these crazy eyes and just goes for us. Any tips on how to take care of him/ train him?
I show him in my vlogs a lot if you guys want to see what I mean.
Pepper was a lot like that at first, she grew out of it but I treated her like a mom, I would gently hold her mouth closed firmly tell her no bite and then ignore her for a couple minutes to show it will not be tolerated.
It took her about 3 weeks to get it.

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
These are VERY high energy dogs and that is one of the reasons that they are not for everybody. What you are describing is normal puppy behavior. That being said, you have to teach the dog that certain behaviors are not acceptable.
Before you attempt to train the puppy make sure you give it plenty of physical and mental exercise. This can be walks, finding the treat games etc. Tire the dog out and it will be much more receptive to correction.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts