Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everybody I'm a forum newby; I've had my boy since he was about 5 weeks old he's 6 almost 7 months now. I'd like to get some feedback about everyone thinks of him. To me he's still on the small size for his age, but like I said I'm new to the APBT breed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Since he's over six months he's not likely to get any taller and he should fill out around 2 years old. He looks pretty normal. APBT's aren't really huge dogs(in width or height).

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
He doesn't look small to me.You are probably thinking of the size of an American Bully to compare him to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try to look at other owners pictures around his same age, I guess some of the pics I see are cross breeds with other bullys or people have juiced up their dogs. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I haven't had him weighed in a bit but I'd say between 40-50lbs. I think I may be running him too much prolly 2-3 miles every other weekday and 6 miles on weekends.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sounds like u are running him to much to me. He is to young to be exercising that much. It could have negative affects on his joints as he is still growing.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Welcome..Did you see his Parent's size? Like others Stated, thats the Size My Female was. She topped out at 62 lbs But Wasnt a Runner, She hung on the Spring Pole for Hrs,lol...

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Welcome the the site!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His dad was a massive dog 110lbs mom was 70lbs. I had figured I may be exercising him a bit too much so I'll cut that down a bit, probably shorter weekend runs. Everyone says a tired pitbull is a good pitbull and he def sleeps like a log lol. I'm trying to work his jaws a bit more, early on he was never a tug type of pup, but now he loves it so maybe that will help with his narrow head/jaw. Thanks to everyone for their input.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
His dad was a massive dog 110lbs mom was 70lbs. I had figured I may be exercising him a bit too much so I'll cut that down a bit, probably shorter weekend runs. Everyone says a tired pitbull is a good pitbull and he def sleeps like a log lol. I'm trying to work his jaws a bit more, early on he was never a tug type of pup, but now he loves it so maybe that will help with his narrow head/jaw. Thanks to everyone for their input.
I don't recall if you said he had paper's or not. But a Dad at 110 lbs is not a American Pitbull terrier. You'll get enough feedback on that Statement alone On HERE for the Next Year, LMBO..
I JUST bought what was refered to as a Pitbull from a ONLINE breeder 3 wks ago, GOTTI/RAZOR'S Edge Bloodline....When i Introduced My Pup on here i thought some folks were gonna Blow a Gasket, hahah, Those Bloodlines are AMERICAN BULLY i now Know. IDK if your Familure with that Term, but there are 3-4 Types of American Bully's as I understand it. 1 of mine is a STANDARD, and the Other IDK Yet, she is Real Defined in the chest and Shoulders more so than my male thats a Standard...So anyway, also remember he may not get a Wide Head, it all depends on who he takes after, even grandparent Count,lol..My Last old girl was Thick, But had a Smaller Head, Just the way she was...

Go to HOME DEPO, buy a Spring,chain, and a couple BOLAY CLIPS...Tie a Rope with a Toy to one end, and hang the Chain from Somthing STRONG and Safe, Tree or garage Roof truss ect.. he will hang in that for hrs and its great excersize, I love to watch it too..lol (GOOGLE) how to make a Spring Pole..its Easy bro.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He doesn't really like the spring pole thing I tied his toy rope around a low hanging tree limb granted there was no spring action but he really didnt care it was up there maybe the actual spring action will entice him more, he does dig the flirt pole concept though, and just regular ol' tuggin.

Attachments

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
with the spring pole you may have to build up his confidence in tugging.
play lots of tug o war, making sure that your also interceding obedience training to let him know who the boss is. "drop" means drop and i better not have to repeat myself.
then slowly reintroduce him to the springpole. hook a rope or whatever you use to the spring pole, then play tug with him and get him into it and make it fun. i had to do this with my pup at the time.
something tied to a branch can be really damaging to a dog. you end up with broken teeth, and its just an all round better work out with a spring.
hope this helps :)

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
with the spring pole you may have to build up his confidence in tugging.
play lots of tug o war, making sure that your also interceding obedience training to let him know who the boss is. "drop" means drop and i better not have to repeat myself.
then slowly reintroduce him to the springpole. hook a rope or whatever you use to the spring pole, then play tug with him and get him into it and make it fun. i had to do this with my pup at the time.
something tied to a branch can be really damaging to a dog. you end up with broken teeth, and its just an all round better work out with a spring.
hope this helps :)
:goodpost:

·
Bully Enemy #1
157 Posts
Welcome to GP!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts