Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:pup:
My daughter was just given a 4 month old blue pit and we have had him for 3 days and have not heard a sound from him. no bark or whine. unusal???

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no depends on the dog. My girl Luna never really barks and didnt as a pup. Some are very vocal so count yourself lucky lol. As long as everything else is normal eating, bathroom buisness, drinking, playing not lethargic or anything. Post some pics of your pup would love to see him, welcome to the Forum by the way hope you find some helpfull info here.

·
Registered
901 Posts
No it is not unusual. Mine rarely barked until he turned two. Now the only time he barks is when he hears something at the door. However he will yowl to get attention when he wants to play and not stop until you address it.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
each dog is different... welcome to GP :D

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
haha count your blessings (and your neighbors are psyched as well) lol Mine didn't start making any noises other than snoring til he was about 6 or 7 months. Now he whines like a bitch on the spring pole and and barks at the poor mail lady. I wish he would just go back to snoring only, lol.

Do you know he isn't deaf? Does he respond to voices and loud noises with head movement?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome!! I'm new here too. My girl Ruby Sue just started barking a little bit, she will be a year old in a week or two. Untill now though we would hardly hear a peep

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Ecko only barks on command, and once I taught him that, he barks in exitement for food. Other then that, silence. He has always been the quiet one. The chihuahua on the other hand won't shut up. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
PS, new members, you should start your own intro threads so we can all great you individual and know more about you. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts