Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have not posted here in a very long time but in that time had to give up my pups, and send back the ones I was helping with.

So if you remember I had this post:
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/13542-im-skeptical-about-our-new-additon-not-sure-if-pit-not-pics.html

Well she went to Houston and looks like this now:

Then Remember I had Timmy and Diesel:

But I was leasing a House and the owner was not paying mortgage so I had to go back to a Apt and of course they dont accept my dogs. Timmy is actually going to be a daddy now and lives on 35 acres of land with a guy named Tim. lol coincedence. Diesel was given to someone and later I found him on craigslist and I asked for him back but they would never respond, BLAH!!

Anyway, I'm back in a house and my own, found me a new pup and she is about 13 weeks now. Her name is Precious and She is Bull-Mastiff x APBT. I know people are interested in papers or whatever but the mom is registered Red Brindle Bull Mastiff in UKC and the Dad is a APBT Blue etc etc Sire etc lol.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
You may have a pup that you will be able to work in protection. He is really nice good luck with him.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have a pup that you will be able to work in protection. He is really nice good luck with him.
He is a She "Precious" is the name! lolol I know I should get a different Color Collar but I will not rock a Pink one! lolol

Thanks alot though, what avenues what I go through for Protection stuff? Just wanting to learn alittle about it

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Well the Bullmastiff might give her the kick to distrust strangers. The best you can do for now is to attend obedience classes, don't show her the "bad" guy to the puppy until it is mature and it knows obedience. I would also contact a local club that works with protection trials so you can learn as much as you can. You def want to socialize the heck out of her and make sure she meets a ton of strangers under many different scenarios to build her confidence. Since your pup has Mastiff blood in it I belive 50% correct? you want to wait a while since it will mature slowly. However, building the fundamentals of obedience are key for any pup regardless. They will help if you want to schutzhund or other protection sports.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the Bullmastiff might give her the kick to distrust strangers. The best you can do for now is to attend obedience classes, don't show her the "bad" guy to the puppy until it is mature and it knows obedience. I would also contact a local club that works with protection trials so you can learn as much as you can. You def want to socialize the heck out of her and make sure she meets a ton of strangers under many different scenarios to build her confidence. Since your pup has Mastiff blood in it I belive 50% correct? you want to wait a while since it will mature slowly. However, building the fundamentals of obedience are key for any pup regardless. They will help if you want to schutzhund or other protection sports.
Awesome! Thanks for all that Info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts