Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just got a new pup he's the first pick off of a king lion grandson and comet daughter His dad weighed in at 109 at a year interested to know what you all think

He is the 1st pick male from my Girl kaya's littermate this is my girl

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute pup , you have pics of the parents? I like king lion .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you ask and you shall recieve

these are the parents Sylar is the male he is out of Wizard and Havana from elmarielkennels.com He is a King lion Grandson he weighed in at 109 at his 1 year checkup

Ariel is the female she is out of Comet of Xtreme Bully and Gidget from ironmanpits

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
I think they look cool, I also think you should change the name to Gin and Juice Bullies
I thought the same thing! only a policeman would call it a pit after he shoots it. I love them big and lookin right for their size. these are some beautiful dogs, Im loving your pick pup do you have a name yet?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i like the parents very nice looking dogs .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His names Kato im not trying to ruffle feathers i just simply do not understand this whole bully thing i have papers that go back 8 generations i dont see how people dont consider these dogs pitbulls just because they're bigger than that what apbt started out as my dog has drive and is athletic as any dog iv ever seen. Humans evolved there were not 7'6 people walking around with jesus does that mean now we should find a different name to classify Yao Ming? I would love for someone to clarify this for me

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
His names Kato im not trying to ruffle feathers i just simply do not understand this whole bully thing i have papers that go back 8 generations i dont see how people dont consider these dogs pitbulls just because they're bigger than that what apbt started out as my dog has drive and is athletic as any dog iv ever seen. Humans evolved there were not 7'6 people walking around with jesus does that mean now we should find a different name to classify Yao Ming? I would love for someone to clarify this for me
Ok, I'll bite.

Since you brought up Evolution, here it goes.

Humans evolved from Chimps right? Even though we are over 99% the same DNA wise, we are not Chimps right?

Bullies are their own breed, they are so far from the breed standards now, they can not be described as Pit Bulls. They have a different purpose far from even the APBT's they came from and those we have now, they have a different look. Yes they came from the breed, and most can still be registered as APBT's but they aren't really APBT any longer. They are now AM Bullies.

People calling Am Bullies APBT's is a lot of the reason why people can't tell a real APBT from a line up. It's GREAT to be in line with the history of the breed, but it is time to start calling 80lb + dogs what they really are, Bullies. Nothing is wrong with owning a good AM Bully dog, I don't understand why people still hide from it.

On a different note, nice looking dogs :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
What Darkmoon said. Would you call pit bulls "staffordshire bull terriers"? That's where they came from, after all. Of course you wouldn't. They're now two distinct breeds. It's the same reason that Amstaffs aren't pit bulls. They've been bred seperately for different purposes for too long.

Check out the Bullies 101 section and hit up Lone Star for more info if you need it. The more bully owners and more importantly, breeders that call their dogs bullies and not apbts the better for everybody.

Edit: Forgot to mention you do have a nice looking pup.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
He is a good lookin bully and both parents are nice lookin as well. Thanks for sharing :D

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Parents look great and that pup is very nice looking!

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Cute pup. King Lion grandson= Am Bully. That is Edge blood and Edge is bully and that is why they are not considered pit bulls. You have an American Bully and there is nothing wrong with that so you should call him what he is :) I really like your pup's parents too.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
All dog's are nice looking Bullies. But there is a difference between an American Bully and an APBT and most of us here can agree on that. The APBT an established breed with a set standard/purpose bred for hundreds of years through selective breeding didn't miraculously go from being a 40-60 pound animal to a 100 lb animal. The dogs you own now are a result of mixing breeds to create a desired look (type of dog) yes APBT blood was used in the creation of the American Bully in the beginning but it was not the only breed used. Every papered bully has paper's going back 8+ generations and they all say they are APBT's but that doesn't make is true. Do your homework and get the facts on these dogs and you will see that what you own is not an APBT. And until you accept that and call them/register them as American Bullies with the ABKC you will continue to add to the confusion and problems that surround these dogs. Again if you don't know the truth I can't fault you but once you learn the truth you need to step up and acknowledge your dogs for what they are or this controversy can never end. Stick around and do some reading you will come to realize the truth very quickly.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Ok, I'll bite.

Since you brought up Evolution, here it goes.

Humans evolved from Chimps right? Even though we are over 99% the same DNA wise, we are not Chimps right?
There are Old World monkeys or Cercopithecoidea which are baboons, mandrills, macaques, rhesus monkeys, and Barbary ape. Their nostrils are close together and directed downward like in humans. Their tails are not prehensile.

Hominoidea or anthropoid apes - tail-less primates
Includes gibbons, orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and humans
Modern species evolved from same ancestral stock that produced humans
DNA evidence indicates divergence from human line 5-7 million years ago
DNA of chimpanzees and humans is 98.4% similar
Similarities in the proteins hemoglobin and myoglobin indicate that the chimpanzee is our closest relative
Hylobatidae - Gibbons - The most primitive branch of the tail-less apes
Pongidae - Orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas
Hominidae - Humans

Just FYI :woof:

:) Y'all know I am full of useless info sorry. Have to put that Historical Geology degree to work somehow. ;) OK back on topic.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
:rofl: Lauren.

@ OP. No one cares that your dogs are Am Bully and are not APBT. They are some really nice looking bullies and could do a lot to transform the majority of the breeding program of bullies from something mocked into something viable.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.