Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello pit lovers!

I got a puppy tonight. It's a very weird situation. I do not know if he is a APBT or a Staffy... not sure yet!!!
I wasn't planning on getting a puppy, however I have fell in love in less than four hours. The story is complicated, and not really important. Bottom line- I have no idea where this dog has come from, parents, history, bloodline- ect.

Both of my current APBT's came from breeders. I knew the history, bloodline, met the parents... I kinda knew what to expect.

I took this dog to a vet tech that I know personally and she said he was around 5 weeks.

My current female was a 'bitch' that was 'retired'. When I got her, she was already potty trained, already 'house broken'.

My male was the biggest in the litter. However, due to unexpected travels the breeder kept him until he was 4 months. So, when he came to me... he was also potty trained.

I have NEVER done potty training or house breaking!!!

I'm a little concerned that this new puppy is so vocal. He growls at my male if he gets 'too close' which... he will get too close. He will 'nose him' hardcore. So, I'm thinking it's the pups way of saying 'hey... boundaries, buddy!' but I'm not sure. Is this something I should be concerned about?

IF the pup is going to have agression issues what would be clues? Anything I could notice in the next couple of weeks? If so, how do I correct it?

Since he is SOO young.. should I just start off with puppy pads, or will he actually realize what it means to go outside?

Obviously he has been taken away from his mother too soon. I have him on puppy milk... any other recommendations? Possibly to add, or replace the milk?!

And any other tips... please!!!

Thank you guys, soo much!!!

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
:goodpost:
He Looks like some kind of Bully/APBT or American Bulldog and Possibly Boxer..Then Again Who can tell at this Age.lol
Ussually when i comment it's only from my PERSONAL Experiance, so with that said.
I took Rocky at 6 weeks. he came home and Imeadiatly showed signs Of DA . He would Growl at any other Animal in the house, and HIMSELF in the Mirror. I socialized the H*LL out of him and He ended up being Life Palls with my female who was 1 yr old at the Time I brough him home. Threw out the years i could not have him Near any other Dog, he's Quiet as a Mouse Until he Latches onto them. If he's caged he will growl at another Dog that is OUSIDE the cage, or if he See's another Dog he is Perched and ready (To grab it if i would let him).
I say the Only thing you can do is get him out and About as Much as Possible NOWaroung Dogs and if it never Works atleast you Tried. It's a 50/50 so to speak, maybe only a 80/20 because you don't know his parent's and there Tendancies.
Potty Time =...Crate train, crate train, Crate train, has worked for 20 yrs for me !!! At first he will Pee in there if he's left to long , as you probably work etc...When your Home take him out Every HR.Control his water Intake,then bring him out 30 min after he drinks. I did this and went 2/3 hrs threwout the NIGHT because i Cut of water By 8PM. I DO NOT use wee wee pads in the house.. I say it's a Bad habbit to have them Learning GOING in the house is OK, I dont care what its On. My female was carried Outside every Hr and is Trained and has been since 8.5 wks. My male had wee wee pads near the Door, and STILL at 11 wks If i lose track of time i will find PEE on the floor at the Door because thats how the breeder trained Him. I Hate that !! lol..hope this helps...Maybe a Wee Wee pade in the Crate at this age is OK, then start bringing the wee wee pad OUTSIDE w/you to show him he's to Go outside...I never had a Pup at 5 wks, Im sure he has MIN Blatter control. maybe someone else can touch on this subject as i might be Wrong about putting a Pad in the crate.

·
Registered
859 Posts
When I had some gizmo at a very young age she was very vocal growled at ppl who held her and dominated the other dogs almost at a month old. My other dogs were very submissive and later didn't even go near her. She ended up being very dog aggressive and after bad breeding after 2 years old she developed HA as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
His snout and markings appear 100% boxer to me. And he will understand to go potty outside. I got my Lily at 4/5weeks and she learned right away to use pee pee pads if she couldnt make it outside and that right after she eats or leaves her kennel she goes outside. Just be consistent or you will struggle...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh also I think that milk makes their stools very soft and dehydrates them. I always gave my Lily gatorade soaked or water soaked food until she could eat completely solid food.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
You can also use a goats milk instead of the puppy milk as it is cheaper and just fine for them. You need to feed several times a day, about 5-6 times a day. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts