Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone on here tell me how my 3 month old could get big? ive seen some pits are the scrawniest things and then i see some that are huge and muscular how do i get mine that way and also he is 3 months old and i believe he looks like he is of colby decent but the original owner i got him from told me he was jeep and eli. and also how much longer do i have to get his ears cropped?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Unless you have papers there is no way to know what bloodline, much less if he is even an APBT. The huge, muscular dogs you have probably seen are more than likely American Bullies, not APBTs.

Your dog will "get big" by growing. Genetics determines how big your dog will get. Once he hits age two you can condition him, but for now let him be a pup.

As for the ear crop it depends on the vet. Mine won't crop past 14 weeks. Sooner you get it done the better but make sure you research your vet and ask for pictures of his or her work.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Unless you have papers there is no way to know what bloodline, much less if he is even an APBT. The huge, muscular dogs you have probably seen are more than likely American Bullies, not APBTs.

Your dog will "get big" by growing. Genetics determines how big your dog will get. Once he hits age two you can condition him, but for now let him be a pup.

As for the ear crop it depends on the vet. Mine won't crop past 14 weeks. Sooner you get it done the better but make sure you research your vet and ask for pictures of his or her work.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts