Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Dog has a freakin collar on, dumb ass people should have choked the dog out and stop this before all this drama. Really the girl crying and whining needs to grow the hell up.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrreaatt! :( I have only ever been there once and it was the same as a dog park..... I did learn, however, that my dog is a nut for the waves but it was the same crazy scene as a dog park and I didn't like it....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I want to thank Gabrielle Giffords Assault Weapon buy hypocrite husband Mark Kelly and his daughter for helping the image of Bull Breeds here in California. What a bunch of idiots.
yah i saw this on the news last night too.
i was shaking my head the whole segment. i was surprised that family actually owned a bulldog. watching them shake the dog to make it let go was like watching a car wreck.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh wow. Poor seal. And poor dog. People need to be more freakin aware. This totally could have been prevented by not letting the dog off leash to mess with seals. Ryan's over here yelling about the guy saying,"drown the dog" he said he needs a good smash in the mouth ;)

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26/gabrielle-giffords-husband-mark-kelly-pulls-family-dog-off-baby-sea-lion-on/

The dog saw a small critter and wanted it (Shocking for a dog I know) and the handler (Mark's daughter) was unprepared and the dog ripped the leash from her hand. You can see the leash floating in the water. Perhaps she's one of those, "My dog would never hurt a fly" kind of owners and I hope this is a wake up call that she does in fact, own a DOG that likes to chase small things and maybe she should be more alert when walking her dog near wildife.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Thanks for that link. I thought he was just running loose but yea, these dogs have prey drive, they chase stuff and enjoy it. It's not their fault but your right, people need to be aware when walking their dogs around wild life.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im all about freedom and people's rights... But stuff like this is what makes me think people should have to take a test to own a dog. The dog did nothing wrong, its owner just had no control whatsoever.

·
1,859 Posts
IMHO....nature, it's what animals do. I'm not standing up for the owner only the dog.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
IMHO....nature, it's what animals do. I'm not standing up for the owner only the dog.
:goodpost: Exactly! As owners it is our job to control our animals. Animals are animals not people and to many can't understand that anymore.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Why is there always some jack ass beating the dog on the damn head in videos like this? Its sad the seals dead but it wouldve been a great whites snack if it wouldve lived anyway. The hysterical muary show sobbing was ridiculous. Theres a collar and leash on the dog im positive it didnt get slid on after the attack started.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree. And I'd say even more that people are so disconnected from nature that they don't give a fraction of a thought to all the animals dying that they benefit from every day. From meals to clothing to couches to who knows what else... but once it's in front of them it's as though that thing would have lived forever. I mean it's unfortunate that it could have probably been avoided but at the end of the day it's more real than anything else they did that afternoon, no?

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
Pits are machines. Endeared to fighting genetically.
People that do NOT get this should also not be getting A pit.
I say regulate, screen, and even remove dogs from people that show signs of not being able to handle such A situation.

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
They let a weeks worth of meat just float away!
What a waste.
I would never let Ecko off leash, but if he caught something, it would go in the freezer.

Irresponsible owners should not be allowed to have dogs.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Wow. It would have helped if the dog knew drop it. Having someone pull on the poor thing probably didn't help.

Honey would love to eat the kids guinea pigs and I don't have any problem with that. She is a dog and likes to eat things that run. That's why she is not allowed around them. I would definitely keep my dogs away from seals though. Those things are mean. I have seen them jump out of the water at people trying to bite them.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Wow. I always have to share my thoughts so here they are. First off this could've been ANY dog! We have Border Collies that kill ALL the time. I don't correct them because they eat what they kill and they don't kill things that aren't meant to be killed. Meaning they've drug home groundhogs, snakes, opossums, squirrels, birds, etc. They don't attack chickens, cows, goats etc. That's what dogs do. Have people forgotten a "pit bull" is a dog too??? If that was a shepherd, collie, Rottie, etc would it still be a big deal?? Probably not. It's ridiculous! The dog killed a SEAL big deal. HUMANS stab seals in the head in droves for their meat and I'm sure they probably feed their dogs any of the undesirable parts they don't use. Sharks eat seals too and nobody makes a big deal about that. Jeez. To me the biggest waste in the whole video was the fact that they let the seal wash away. I wouldn't eat it personally but it's meat that shouldn't have been wasted. Now I will say the whole situation was handled wrong. Half assed slapping the dog in the face wasn't gonna solve the situation (I'm not saying he should've been hit harder either!) somebody should've got a break stick and handled the situation. Personally any and all my dogs if yelled at and told no will stop whatever they are doing immediately because they respect me. If they can't handle the dog he should go to somebody that can. That should be the first rule in dog handling. Be able to handle what you have whether its a chihuahua or a St. Bernard or anything in between.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 41 Posts