Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
The APBT is not trained to fight, it is bred for it. Atleast it was up until 1976. The genes still lie deep. But the breed was never bred for human aggression. Sums it up pretty easily.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts
I can't take this "study" seriously when it constantly uses the term "Pit Bull".. I skimmed through it and it is.. Just another useless article that has hardly any facts and says a whole lot of nothing.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
"and the other group of fighting (street) dogs which is uniformly conditioned for extreme aggression by way of social isolation, behavioural conditioning and training exercises"

absolutely false-game dogs wantto fight without any prodding by humans.

"The identification of breeds involved in aggressive incidents are often left to members of the general public (Avner and Baker, 1991) who may identify any short-coated stocky dog as a pit bull (Lockwood and Rindy, 1986). Although pit bulls are difficult to identify accurately, even for some experts"

this is becauseof 100s of years of line breeding. when they get bred to another breed the most linebred breed will show through the most.

"it bulls have three unique attributes that lead to under-reporting of the breed population. First, they are the only breed trained for the illegal sport of dogfighting, and this sub-population of fighting dogs is, by definition, owned by criminals and not generally licensed or registered with the authorities "

entirely false, google tosa for 1 example of a different breed of dog bred to fight.

"Third, one of the most controversial breeds of the pit bull umbrella term, the American Pit Bull terrier, is not recognised by the major Kennel Clubs (American, Canadian or British) which have historically been used to estimate the population of different breeds (Rowan, 1986)."

akc is full of dog ruining cowards. if they stay away from my breed all the better.

"
Clearly, trained fighting dogs cannot be included in the subject groups of research projects aimed at exploring the ethology or genetics of aggressive behavior in the pit bull breeds. Unfortunately most pit bull studies-to-date have not been careful to identify and remove fighting dogs from their considerations. General conclusions about pit bull breeds have been drawn from the actions of 'stray' pit bulls, for which the degree of fight-training is unknown, or have openly been based on the observations of seized fighting dogs. "

clearly an unjustified stigma. i studied american slavery in solcial studies/history in grade school...

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
"Careful methodological design can overcome these difficulties. A hands-on approach is mandatory for gathering qualitative data from randomly selected groups of pitbulls and non-pitbulls from average environments, over a specified period of time."

you can read numerous books on the subect of fighting, written by the people who fought them. they should be considered history books with actual historical value- i have the first us army handbook and if you think reading about fighting dogs is bad you should read copies of the handbook from google, the things they have said about native americans should change your tune about reading of dog fighting. history is history.

the "pit bull problem" isnt fighting dogs, dog fighters know what they have. its the "fur mommies and daddies" who think its how you raise them because they rescued a mut from the pound without any paperwork and it looked like an apbt-i discussed this earlier-a heavy linebred dogs pups will always breed true to that parent. the fur mommies dog was most likely gentle because of the other non apbt parent. these muts end up surprising the owners with a bite to another dog or a human. it isnt the apbt side biting the human its the other parent, its not the other parent biting the other dog its the apbt.

these dogs arent for everyone, theyre high drive and that alone throws many americans for a loop

Reactions: HeavyJeep

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can't take a person suffering from PTSD and place them in a study to test for bi-polar personality. It will give a false reading unless the study is somehow part of how PTSD effects people with bi-polar personality. So I agree with the statement made in this study. Fighting dogs have not been raised the same as a dog that has been raised as family pet anymore than a racing, track horse has been raised as a pleasure pony. Apples and oranges. All studies must be conducted scientifically with veritable test subjects .

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
This paper is far from scientific or even properly researched. There are few factors of truth to that paper and mainly a bunch of random ideas that seems to have come from reading google links regarding the "Pit Bull".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts