Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made my boy a new collar and lead.

The collar is black leather with pyramid studs, can go up to neck size 24", width 1.5".

The lead is a 22" chain with a leather handle.

I will try to get pics of it on him up later this evening.

Lol ignore the (Dee) that thought he was helping XD

·
Registered
29 Posts
He was helping, lol, he was helping buy showing how the size compares between him and the collar.

Good looking collar though OP. I need to get my boy Dusty a new one as his is getting a little worn out but I've toying with the idea of either making mine by hand like you or taking a just buying a new one, haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol he isn't the brightest dog. And he is the size of the length of the color.

If you are interested I know of a guy who makes absolutely beautiful hand made collars. Like he makes everything, he hand waxes and twists the thread, carves the leather, makes it custom fit, they are gorgeous. I want to order my boy one later on from this guy once I know what his size will be.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I'll get better pictures later on. I ran out of sunlight today.

I love his random ears.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Lol "look Ma I am like a ruler!" lmao Your collar is one dog long.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol "look Ma I am like a ruler!" lmao Your collar is one dog long.
Lmao I should of drawn inches on his stomach with chalk! I think he just might have created a new way of measuring collars. XP

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Very nice! Hey, off topic, but have you looked into what kind of nutrition you should give Jaws since he might be mixed with Dane? I was thinking the other day about how they have to be fed differently to avoid bone issues later on in life with their fast growth and wondering if a mixed Dane should be fed the same.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice! Hey, off topic, but have you looked into what kind of nutrition you should give Jaws since he might be mixed with Dane? I was thinking the other day about how they have to be fed differently to avoid bone issues later on in life with their fast growth and wondering if a mixed Dane should be fed the same.
Im actually not sure if he is mixed with Dane. I was doing a little bit of research and he actually kind of looks like some Cane Corso's that I have found. I even made a little comparison picture showing the Cane Corso on the left, Jaws in the middle and a Dane to the right. If you want I can post the picture for you to see. It was something I did when I was bored and when I saw some Corso's that kind of reminded me of Jaws, it encouraged me to look at more Corso's.

But right now I have no idea what he even is mixed with. He looks like soooo many breeds, but the one which everyone thinks is a Lab. But he is looking less like a lab by the day. For feeding so far he does get treats that support proper hip and joint health since he will be bigger I know his hips will be the first thing to go. As like most big dogs. I'm also considering getting him fish oil based supplements to also help with his joints as well.

But thank you for the tip. I don't know much about the Dane, so I will have to look into what they recommend a pup should be fed. Do you have any links to what you looked at? :)

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
He looks a lot like a Lab/dane mix, but who knows. Mixes are hard to tell. I don't see any Corso (plus they are pretty rare) Lab/Dane would be a much more common mix to find. I like that mix, actually, they tend to be nice pets (though they seem very prone to Bloat, as are Dane's)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Im actually not sure if he is mixed with Dane. I was doing a little bit of research and he actually kind of looks like some Cane Corso's that I have found. I even made a little comparison picture showing the Cane Corso on the left, Jaws in the middle and a Dane to the right. If you want I can post the picture for you to see. It was something I did when I was bored and when I saw some Corso's that kind of reminded me of Jaws, it encouraged me to look at more Corso's.

But right now I have no idea what he even is mixed with. He looks like soooo many breeds, but the one which everyone thinks is a Lab. But he is looking less like a lab by the day. For feeding so far he does get treats that support proper hip and joint health since he will be bigger I know his hips will be the first thing to go. As like most big dogs. I'm also considering getting him fish oil based supplements to also help with his joints as well.

But thank you for the tip. I don't know much about the Dane, so I will have to look into what they recommend a pup should be fed. Do you have any links to what you looked at? :)
allaboutgreatdanes.com was one place I found some good info but I also use to work for a rescue and the owner use to own three great danes so I remembered her telling me how she had to focus on nutrition and growth when she got her third one when it was a puppy.

As for the Cane corso, sure post the pic. :) Although I have to agree with Kingsgurl. He looks more Dane. Cane corso's have a mastiff look to them and dont have such a long snout like Jaws does. Jaws also has a much more bone defined head like a Dane.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
allaboutgreatdanes.com was one place I found some good info but I also use to work for a rescue and the owner use to own three great danes so I remembered her telling me how she had to focus on nutrition and growth when she got her third one when it was a puppy.

As for the Cane corso, sure post the pic. :) Although I have to agree with Kingsgurl. He looks more Dane. Cane corso's have a mastiff look to them and dont have such a long snout like Jaws does. Jaws also has a much more bone defined head like a Dane.
This was the comparison picture I made for him. I will have to do one later on for other breeds such as comparing to a lab and Pit bull. Since I know he doesn't get his odd ears from a lab or a dane.

I will look into the website though. Thanks.
It's just hard since I have no proof of what he is mixed with. I would give so much if only I could see his parents =/ It would make my life so much easier.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Cool collar! Reminds me of a belt I had in high school :p wow! Jaws is getting huge! And nope, don't see the corso at all. Dane? Definitely! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts