Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are our 2 rescue pits. Blue is about 18-20 months old now, a neighbor found her living behind a dumpster when she was about 4 months old. Bella is our newest pup, found in an alley about a month ago by my son being kicked by some kids (!). She is about 3 months old now. We are guessing they are both some sort of blue pits/pit mixes? So grateful for all the info on this forum! We really want to raise these girls properly. :)

Attachments

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
:welcome: welcome to GP. Your pups are beautiful. When people say "blue pits" they really have no clue what they are talking about red/blue nose is nothing more than the color of the dogs nose. It is in no way a breed, type or bloodline. They actually look more like American Bullies rather than American Pit Bull Terriers which are two separate breeds. If you look in the Bully 101 section you will find all kinds of great info and the difference in bull breeds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They're adorable :)
I'm new here too, but welcome!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful girls! Some of the best advice I can give you is never trust them to be left alone together unsupervised. These dogs can be dog aggressive and it can happen at anytime. Seeing as how you have two bitches you can also have same sex aggression but plenty of people on here have males and females that they even have to separate. Just something to keep in the back of your mind as they both mature more. Look around the forum and read up on all the great "sticky's" :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. I'll be doing some more research! We've already had an incident, last night between the two of them. AND they were supervised! The baby started it-happened in a flash- and ended up with a nice neck puncture. :( I've got a pit-loving trainer coming over on Wednesday to help us with these girls. I was very hesitant to have one pit, much less two (I was scared of them b/c of all the "hype") and two females at that-but fell in love with them both and couldn't bear the idea of them not finding a home. I know we have a SERIOUS challenge on our hands but am definitely willing to do the research and the work to make this work out. THANK YOU FOR ALL BEING HERE!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:welcome: welcome to GP. Your pups are beautiful. When people say "blue pits" they really have no clue what they are talking about red/blue nose is nothing more than the color of the dogs nose. It is in no way a breed, type or bloodline. They actually look more like American Bullies rather than American Pit Bull Terriers which are two separate breeds. If you look in the Bully 101 section you will find all kinds of great info and the difference in bull breeds.
Awesome! I am completely ignorant when it comes to the breeds-was just a guess based on what I had been seeing. Will definitely check out the Bully 101 section, thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Welcome they both look cute I like the last pic with the ears.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
You are very welcome :) since the bull breeds share many of the same traits and look quite a bit alike it's very easy to get them confused. Even the most expirenced owners can have trouble identifying whichever breed they are looking at ;)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
They are neither American Bullies or American Pit Bulls they are just mix breed dogs. They may resemble a breed but you will never know their mix so they are no more Bullies than APBT. For all you know they could not have a single bully in them but be APBT mixed with a heavier breed, but that doesn't make them bullies.

Blue is just a color nothing more and doesn't represent and kind of dog.

As for Dog Aggression I have 13 dogs. Yes it is extra work when your dogs can not be together, but it is worth it to enjoy the animals I love. Trying to deny and work around their DA ( Dog Aggression) is setting yourself up for a serious fight to break out when you are not ready.

I have a couple dog who do get along with others, but it is because I do not let them eat together, play together or do anything that would trigger a fight. They can go for walks together and they are not trying to get at each other which makes having multiples easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are neither American Bullies or American Pit Bulls they are just mix breed dogs. They may resemble a breed but you will never know their mix so they are no more Bullies than APBT. For all you know they could not have a single bully in them but be APBT mixed with a heavier breed, but that doesn't make them bullies.

Blue is just a color nothing more and doesn't represent and kind of dog.

As for Dog Aggression I have 13 dogs. Yes it is extra work when your dogs can not be together, but it is worth it to enjoy the animals I love. Trying to deny and work around their DA ( Dog Aggression) is setting yourself up for a serious fight to break out when you are not ready.

I have a couple dog who do get along with others, but it is because I do not let them eat together, play together or do anything that would trigger a fight. They can go for walks together and they are not trying to get at each other which makes having multiples easier.
Interesting, thanks. Any way to explain that to the city where I live? Neighbors apparently reported that I had pits living here and now we have a "dangerous dog/pitbull" flag on us...with no incidents! Do people just assume they are bulldogs because of color/markings/etc?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
they are cuties!!! luv them ears!! welcome to GP :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
To the public if it has a large head its a pitbull. Pitbull is a term used to classify many breeds whom all look similar. The owners off all these breeds face the same labeling and breed stereo typing from people who don't even know the breed difference let alone know their temperaments or what the average one is like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To the public if it has a large head its a pitbull. Pitbull is a term used to classify many breeds whom all look similar. The owners off all these breeds face the same labeling and breed stereo typing from people who don't even know the breed difference let alone know their temperaments or what the average one is like.
It's shocking the preconceived prejudice that people show these dogs, mine and others like them...no wonder all of you on this forum work so hard to be good ambassadors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your girls are positively adorable. Love that phase when their ears don't know which way to go. Unfortunately the true identity of the APBT (and other bull breeds) have been lost to the general public due to misinformed media, backyard breeding, and a voracious campaign against anything deemed "pit bull type". These forums are a wealth of knowledge about anything your heart desires pit bull, and everybody is more than happy to help those that are interested to learn. Hope to see you around :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum, your girls are positively adorable. Love that phase when their ears don't know which way to go. Unfortunately the true identity of the APBT (and other bull breeds) have been lost to the general public due to misinformed media, backyard breeding, and a voracious campaign against anything deemed "pit bull type". These forums are a wealth of knowledge about anything your heart desires pit bull, and everybody is more than happy to help those that are interested to learn. Hope to see you around :)
Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
It's shocking the preconceived prejudice that people show these dogs, mine and others like them...no wonder all of you on this forum work so hard to be good ambassadors.
what i find most disgusting with our country is that prejudice isnt just on the dogs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts