Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to get my dog intrested in the sleeve(just arrived today) i havent tried it out yet,and how to make him stop biting it when its time to relese

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I wouldn't recommend trying this at home. You should look into a local club who can help you along, so that you train it properly.

A lot of Schutzhund people I know, train the basics of the obedience part of Schutzhund first, then move onto bite work and tracking.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I agree with above. If you are not yourself trained in what you are doing you could be setting up for a serious accident. This kind of training is done by professionals.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I suggest if you are interested in the real deal Sch and not the backyard half reared I would call a few clubs in your area and set up a meet with them. I agree with the aboved mention...doing this yourself will set your dog up to fail..

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It is very dangerous to try and do sleeve work with your dog if you do not know what your doing. Not knowing what your doing you can push a dog into defense drive and get yourself bit or make a wrong association and make your dog aggressive. Schutzhund is not all about bite work, it is about Obedience and tracking as well. Without a proper trainer you are asking for trouble and I suggest you start training with a club or trainer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.