Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on here and this is my first Pit i have ever owned. my wife had one as a kid and i am a Rottie lover. I had a Rott (Chico)for 14 year and last year we had to put him down because of bone cancer and the whole family misses him so much and has wanted another one as soon as we could. Well last week i saw an ad on Craigslist for pitbull puppies and i sent the pictures to my wife asking if we could please get one and of course she fell in love with them so we went after work and picked one up. we go a female and we named her Luci Chica she is red with a little white on her chest and on top of her nose. she is 6 weeks old and we love her already. most people are so freaked out by Pits because some people give them a bad name. i thought they use to be America's dog? well i am sure i will be writing on her more as i will have questions for you lifers that have pits. thanks for reading my breif story. now go hug your Pitbull!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 6 weeks is too young for pups to leave the breeder. 8 weeks is the minimum and you'd be surprised at what difference 2 weeks will make. Anyway nice pup and love her to death (forever). Good food, exercise and lots of love.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree about the 6 weeks being to young that is why we stopped and got some supplements for her. We switch every two to three hours from the powder to soft puppy food and just in the five days we have had her i have noticed some good weight gain. We treat her like a new baby and she is getting playful now. We got her from a pretty shanty shack thats for sure so she moved up in the world and we love her. thank you for the kind words

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she is cute, she should be able to eat solid food thats not what the concern is about being 6 weeks. Just do some reading on here look into bite inhibition and suff the last few weeks with mom and litter they learn how to play properly and learn when bites are too hard ect. did you get to meet the parents when you got her? Im sure you will find any info you need on here just use the search button at the top or if you cant find what you need just ask someone will respond. Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she is cute, she should be able to eat solid food thats not what the concern is about being 6 weeks. Just do some reading on here look into bite inhibition and suff the last few weeks with mom and litter they learn how to play properly and learn when bites are too hard ect. did you get to meet the parents when you got her? Im sure you will find any info you need on here just use the search button at the top or if you cant find what you need just ask someone will respond. Welcome to the forum :)
right i understand that and i figured she was to young as well and they were going fast and i have been wanting a new family memeber too. i am starting her in training classes around 10 to 12 weeks that is what the trainers said she could start classes. i trained my Rott by my self but at the time i didn't have kids and so much more time. now i have after work and weekends and she get good time with me and i will get her a lot of exercise and one on one training with me and a class too. she was the runt and the last to go. i did get to see daddy but not mom dadd was very good looking. thank you for the warm welcome. i will post more pics as she grows.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
look forward to seeing her grow, she is beautiful!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
have you wormed her yet? also has she had her vaccinations being so young i would go out and get a 7 way shot asap and give her another one at 12 weeks i beleive not to shure correct me if im wrong someone but in the last pic of her her belly is huge if she hasent been wormed i would do it as well asap what a beautiful pup tho i wish you and you family all the best with her be blessed.
Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts