Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had several pitbulls and have never had this problem. My blue girl is almost 7 months old and yesterday I noticed one of her ears is like limp. I got to looking at it and noticed a crease like spot kinda in the middle of her ear and it's like she doesn't have any control over the ear, as if I talk to her the other ear moves but the other one doesn't. It doesn't seem to be hurting her while laying around or playing but if I try to touch it you can tell she doesn't really want me to. I've read some stuff about using nasal strips and bonding cement to kinda splint the ear I guess but I'm just looking for more info or any suggestions on this problem if anyone else has experienced this or knows anything about it. Her ears are not cropped if this matters. Thanks:D

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I couldn't really say if there is something wrong with it, has she been to the vet? Does it seem painful if you touch it or is it like she just doesn't like having her ears touched? How does she act when you touch the other one? My girl's ears have a couple creases in them and they flip flop all over the place. I think the best advice I could give is if you are worried that she's hurt her ear to take her to the vet just to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Do you have a picture. You can tape natural ears to try and get them to stand better: http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/19079-how-glue-tape-natural-ears.html

but I would see a vet if its a health concern before trying to use anything on them. Unless I am misunderstanding. My pup doesnt really move the tips of his ears, he moves the part close to his head which make the tips move. Or am I confused by what youre asking?

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
From what you're describing, it sounds like she may have bumped into something and bruised it or the cartilage could be broken. Definitely take her to the vet if you're concerned about it and they can give better advice and possibly splint it for you.

Mobile.....at the moment....on petguide.com app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts