Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am new to the forum and pit bulls in general, but I am looking to hopefully get a blue female pit in the next couple weeks. I would just like a bit more help and info in what to look for as I am pretty specific in what I am looking for. I am not looking for a bully or short and stocky dog, but the taller leaner build. I have had a couple breeders let me know what they have and a question I had was more so size wise what should I be looking for. There is one that I am really considering and the breeder said that she will be 18-19in tall and 70-85lbs. Is that a good height and weight, or is it going to be something I am not quite looking for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Also if you are selling and pups between 8-12 weeks near Hampton Roads in VA or somewhere reasonable let me know. Any pics would be great as well.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Welcome. Do you have a link to a couple of the breeders you're looking at? post em up and we can tell you what we think based off their sites. If they are advertising Blue Pit Bulls, I would not go with them personally because that is a red flag they are breeding for color and not the health or best interest of the dogs. Sounds like your looking for an American Bully, not a American Pit Bull Terrier. Sounds like it would be under the standard class, but who knows, over 19 is considered an XL. Here is a sub forum about the AmBully: Bullies 101 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I second what Ames said :) most true apbts are not in that weight range. Welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. Do you have a link to a couple of the breeders you're looking at? post em up and we can tell you what we think based off their sites. If they are advertising Blue Pit Bulls, I would not go with them personally because that is a red flag they are breeding for color and not the health or best interest of the dogs. Sounds like your looking for an American Bully, not a American Pit Bull Terrier. Sounds like it would be under the standard class, but who knows, over 19 is considered an XL. Here is a sub forum about the AmBully: Bullies 101 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums
Thanks for the info, and I will check out the bully section too as well. From my research, supposedly blues are considered AM Bully through genes if Im not mistaken..? But I just am not into the whole Oversized, not proportionate look if that makes sense. I shall also post the two links. Right now I will post just off of hoobly as I do not believe they have a formal site, but maybe this will help a bit?

This is the link to the first ones ads:
hrtcblb788: Hoobly profile

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Blue is color not something that determines breed. American Bullies tend to be blue, but that is due to breeders producing for color.

As stated APBTs are not withing that weight range, they are small dogs and should be closer to the 35lb-55lb range.

APBTs should be short as they are small dogs, and although they are not shorties like some bullies, they are also not really tall dogs.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
What a cutie! Love those ears!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts