Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to this forum and my brother just recently brought home a 2 month old pit bull. I am not familiar with these type of dogs at all and do not know what to expect from them. I uploaded a picture of him (His name is Zeus) that was taken 2 days ago.

The main reason for coming onto this forum was to get a better idea about this type of dog from people who own them. He is very adorable and at times he is so sweet but I am afraid of him when he plays because he gets very aggressive and nasty. I know he is still young and I know that puppies bite and nip.... but I am afraid of him and yet he is only still a baby! I worry about when he gets bigger! I don't know if I am just overreacting due to the fact that pit bulls have sometimes been given "bad reputations" or whether he might have aggression problems in the future.

ANY type of info on this type of dog would be greatly appreciated!!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
all puppies bit and nip when they play.. its something you have to break them from.. welcome to GP :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very cute , this is the time to correct the behaviour you dont like ,the nipping and biting is one of those but itsnormalat this age doesnt mean he is a mean viscious dog. this breed is fullof love and loyalty if treated and raised well, like any breed in the wrong hands they can be aggressive but thats not breed specific thats owner specific. welcome, there is a ton to read and learn on here hope you find what your looking for { use the search button at the top of the page to find specific issues if you dont find it feel free to ask , someone will help you}

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
welcome to gp..dont be afraid right now is the age to show him your pack leader,dogs are pack animals and they need leaders so take charge and correct the behavior,hes cute and playful and thats fine just make sure to put down some boundaries...pittbulls are the best dog to get IMO they are loyal trustfull and will be your best friend.trust me i have two 2 yr old blues like yours and i love them to death their so gentle even my 2 yr old daughter plays with them..so dont be afraid theres nothing to fear..just love him and he'll love you..best of luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.