Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone im new to the forum so i just thought i would start off with that.
my question is why is it that most pitbulls have the shorter snouts and are on the stockier side. and others(even pure bred) are on the taller side and have a little longer/skinnier snouts.
is this because some take more after the terrier side then other?
my friends APBT is pure bred he have papers and the works but she looks like she takes more on the terrier side.

would love some feed back. and maybe some photos of pitbull that takes more after the terrier and another thats more on the traditional side (stocky ect)

thank you :doggy:

i have an example of 2 pitbulls that take more on the terrier side i found on the internet (stripes)

and a traditional looking pitbull

Attachments

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the reason i ask is i am fascinated with pitbulls and im looking to rescue my first one :D

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hi _APBT_ and welcome to the forum. The second pic is actually of an American Bully. Check out the Bullies 101 section lower down the main page. The two breeds are related but separate. "Traditional" APBTs are probably closer to the first dog you included.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
would love some feed back. and maybe some photos of pitbull that takes more after the terrier and another thats more on the traditional side (stocky ect)
the "Terrier" looking dogs are the traditional apbts.. that "Stocky" dog you posted a pic of is an American Bully. Welcome to the forum :D

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi _APBT_ and welcome to the forum. The second pic is actually of an American Bully. Check out the Bullies 101 section lower down the main page. The two breeds are related but separate. "Traditional" APBTs are probably closer to the first dog you included.
oh okay yea that 3 dog looked a little on the big side.

so do you think that some pitbulls have slimmer snouts and are taller do to the fact that they take more after the "terrier" or is that just how some come out?

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the "Terrier" looking dogs are the traditional apbts.. that "Stocky" dog you posted a pic of is an American Bully. Welcome to the forum :D
thanks for your input :)

i used a different picture as a better example of what im talking about.
i didnt mean to refer to the bully but some apbt seem like they have longer snouts and are taller then others ( though you dont see them too often)
let me try to rephrase my question.

Most APBT that i see all have a decently short snout and usually are some what shorter (not as short as bullys). but some like my friends dog look more terrier and lanky like with a little slimmer/ longer snouts (like the first photo i posted of the two striped pits). now is this just because they are taking more after the terrier blood? if not what would cause the difference in looks besides being a mix or mutt.
again thank you for your responses and sorry for the back to back post.
i just have always wondered this

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
thanks for your input :)

i used a different picture as a better example of what im talking about.
i didnt mean to refer to the bully but some apbt seem like they have longer snouts and are taller then others ( though you dont seem them too often)
the apbt vairies from differnt sizes and heights... thats why when a bsl law is pasted somewhere its so difficult to inform... :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Nice. Change your pics so I look silly:rofl: To answer your question, there is a variation of how these dogs look because the dog's origin was not appearance but performance. The dogs that performed were the ones that were bred. It didn't matter what they looked like. This is why some are heavier some are slender, some have snippy or terrier looking heads and some have more blocky heads and structures.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Nice. Change your pics so I look silly:rofl: To answer your question, there is a variation of how these dogs look because the dog's origin was not appearance but performance. The dogs that performed were the ones that were bred. It didn't matter what they looked like. This is why some are heavier some are slender, some have snippy or terrier looking heads and some have more blocky heads and structures.
now people will be tellin us how thats nots an am bully :roll:

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did not change the pic to make you look silly!!
i changed it so i could have a better example :)
thank you guys so much for the help!
would love to see pictures of some blocky head type pits and some snippy snout/terrier types. thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
i did not change the pic to make you look silly!!
i changed it so i could have a better example :)
thank you guys so much for the help!
would love to see pictures of some blocky head type pits and some snippy snout/terrier types. thanks again!
Haha, no worries! You could check out the picture section to see examples of what I mean but there are APBTs, Am bullies, Amstaffs, SBTs and a few other breeds all mixed in so it might be a little confusing at first. Off the top of my head, I can think of a former member's dog, Lil' Bit as an example of a dog with a snippy head and I'm sure you could find pics of her on here somewhere.

If you check out this thread http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/28793-photos-structure-faults.html which is mainly APBTs you'll be able to see different shapes and sizes. There is also a corresponding thread in the Bully section where you'll see the same thing.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I have been creeping! Girl I had no idea you were still up!!! LOL
Yeah me too.... I forget WTH I was doing... I think I was disorganizing, dismantling, and destructing various rooms of the house on some type of mission :D

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
American Pitbull Terrier

American Staffordshire Terrier

American Bully

This is a Visual Comparison of 3 different Breed's
:goodpost::goodpost: good pics!!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
OMG YOUR OCD BUTT!!! Dude I can't even imagine what you managed to get into tonight running around OCD all night long hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts