Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new here to the forum. Im reaching out from NC.This is Ceasar, my 6 month old pit.

Came across the forum looking for some info on his wieght. He is sitting at 52lbs at 6 months 1 week. I noticed most people posted at a lot less weight. Should I change his diet? He is not fat at all nor does he have worms. Any input would be great. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum, as for weight each do is different and it depends if you even have an APBT vs having a bully. in the pic the pup looks fine , I dont usually stress about weight on young dogs once she is old enough to work more she willshed those extra pounds into muscle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks angel. Not particularly concerned as in worried. He is very healthy and strong. Im guessing he will be about 80lbs or better at adult weight once he starts filling out. Hes got lots of loose skin still. Was just curious.

@ Dixieland: Im in Goldsboro. Where in NC are you?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Awesome,I've been there before!I live right outside Fayetteville near I-95.So I think that makes you about 45 mins away

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if you happento remember what he weighed at 4 months, the general rule of thumb is double that weight and its the closest guess you can get for the finished weight will be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Dixieland, yes, that about right. I think its about 40 min from my house. Im right on 13S.

@angelbaby: The vet told us the same thing the first time he seen him, and his first words were OMG, paused, he is going to be a beast. Refering to his size at his first visit. At his 4 month visit his growth was above avg. and was about 40 lbs. I weighed him last about 2 weeks ago at 49. Hes a a week over 6 now. Ill have to weigh him again tonight when I get off work.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome! He's going to be big like my boy. Mine is almost 3y/o weighs in at 76. He needs to lose 6lbs because he's got chub around his neck that I don't like but very muscular in front and lean on his hind quarters.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
beautiful pup. just let him be dont worry about his weight as long as hes active and eating hes fine. welcome to gp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts