Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some pics of my babies because I'm new here. Karma is 17 months (the brindle) and Kain is barely 2 (the white and seal ticked). Both are UKC registered and will be bred (to each other) next month. I'm really curious as to the colors that will come from this litter. Karma's dam was a solid chocolate with white chest and feet, and her sire was solid blue brindle with no white markings. Kain's dam was blue and white ticked, and his sire was solid black with white chest. They are both such good dogs I love them to death!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what exactly is your purpose for breeding immature, unproven dogs?
Any dog who has never bred is unproven correct?! You never know until you try! They have both been given the ok to breed and they have also both been genetically tested and passed with flying colors. The female will have reached her third heat when she is bred. So she is not immature! Both of their lines are bred for hunting. 2 police officers will be buying a pup and a few hog hunters will also be buying! Not that I have to explain myself but some people as yourself always want to nose around in people's business. So here ya go!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
A vet check does not = proving a dog. Please do some research before breeding or you're just another BYB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A vet check does not = proving a dog. Please do some research before breeding or you're just another BYB.
When a stud is proven, it means that puppies he's sired have turned out to be 'good' (i.e. 'show quality') ... the semen count means nothing because you can't tell what KIND of puppy you'll get from any semen, so it's the puppies that are born that 'prove' the stud. And there you have it! Have a blessed day!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
When a stud is proven, it means that puppies he's sired have turned out to be 'good' (i.e. 'show quality') ... the semen count means nothing because you can't tell what KIND of puppy you'll get from any semen, so it's the puppies that are born that 'prove' the stud. And there you have it! Have a blessed day!
I think you'll find that this forum is more geared towards education and responsible ownership of bull breeds. You'll be hard pressed to get a pat on the back for a breeding of two dogs that are being bred for the sake of breeding.

Just because a dog is papered does not automatically mean it is worthy of being bred. Do you complete in show, sport or anything with your dogs? Or will their worth be determined by the color and appearance of their offspring?

What BC Dogs meant by "proven" was not that they have produced pretty puppies, but rather proven that they are worthy of being bred by virtue of their achievements.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
^^ Exactly.

What have your dogs done to prove themselves breed worthy? Conformation? Sport? Work? Hunting? Are they health tested? This doesn't mean vet-checked, it means tested for hereditary health conditions. Hips, elbows, heart, etc. this can cost upwards of a thousand dollars. Your bitch isn't even 2 years old yet. How can you possibly know that she's a good example of her breed when she isn't even mature yet?

What breed are they? If they have blue parents, they likely aren't even purebred APBTs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you'll find that this forum is more geared towards education and responsible ownership of bull breeds. You'll be hard pressed to get a pat on the back for a breeding of two dogs that are being bred for the sake of breeding.

Just because a dog is papered does not automatically mean it is worthy of being bred. Do you complete in show, sport or anything with your dogs? Or will their worth be determined by the color and appearance of their offspring?

What BC Dogs meant by "proven" was not that they have produced pretty puppies, but rather proven that they are worthy of being bred by virtue of their achievements.
Their worth will be determined on the agility and precision of both parents. Kain is a remarkable dog! He's a boer hunter and a therapy dog. One day he's hunting with my boyfriend ,and the next I'll take him to nursing homes or children's hospitals. Might seem crazy but he does it all, and loves every bit of it! Karma on the other hand is used by my dad for what he calls "protection demonstration" (he now does protection classes). She is insanely fast and leaps like a deer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ Exactly.

What have your dogs done to prove themselves breed worthy? Conformation? Sport? Work? Hunting? Are they health tested? This doesn't mean vet-checked, it means tested for hereditary health conditions. Hips, elbows, heart, etc. this can cost upwards of a thousand dollars. Your bitch isn't even 2 years old yet. How can you possibly know that she's a good example of her breed when she isn't even mature yet?

What breed are they? If they have blue parents, they likely aren't even purebred APBTs.
Their both American Bully's. And you can see my response to the person you co signed with about what they do. What your referring to as the hereditary testing is what I ment by "genetically tested". Believe me I know it was expensive I came out of pocket $2300 to have them both tested. I bought my girl from my vets son so he knows all about her line.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I'm glad that you're taking some of the right steps.

That said, your bitch is only a year old. She's not even fully grown, both in body and mind. I'm not sure how she's fully health-tested when some cant even be performed until a dog is mature.

I guess I just don't see what the rush is. Why not just let her be a puppy and focus on breeding once you've accomplished great things together and she's proven that she's a good example of her breed?

I'm not trying to be combative. There are just so many bull breed breeders out there that it seems hard to justify unless you truly are doing it for the betterment of your chosen breed. Breeding young dogs is a red flag to me.

·
Common Sense Expert
699 Posts
It takes some thick skin to be a responsible bull breed dog owner. Before I came to this forum I did a lot of irresponsible things with my dogs. I did them because I could and because I was ignorant. What I learned on this forum was just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. You have great looking pups and it seems that you truly do love them. But do you respect the breed is the question. If your answer is yes then my suggestion to you is you do a lot more research on what you have and what would be best for not only them but for the breed as a whole. I hope you stay on this forum post up all your questions and a million more pics of your pups.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts