Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this site and don't know my way around very well yet.

I recently adopted a pitbull puppy, she is now 8 months old. Both her parents were rescue pitbulls. I'm sure she's got something else in the mix though.
The girl I got her from said the mom was 100% purebred american pitbull terrier. She is tall and slender, but she looks pure to me. I can't for the life of me remember what she said about the dad! He looks maybe part mastiff or bulldog, but the roman muzzle throws me off, as well he is the size of an average pitbull, and my puppy is even smaller, so I have my doubts about him being part mastiff. The closest I can think is he is maybe 1/4 rottweiler.
As well, what would you describe his coloring as? Is this red tri color? Brown and tan, or sable?

The other thing, my puppy has longer fur on her tail than a pitbull should have. It is similar to a lab's tail??

Please, I'd love for some opinions/feedback!

Thanks,
-Karlie

PS: The the wrinkly reddish colored dog on the left is the father, the black dog in the middle is the mother and the chocolate brown dog on the right is my puppy.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
mom is def 100% apbt of course without papers..... dad idk enough about dogs but thats not mixed with any pitbull man .....that looks like a cross between a saint bernard and a mastiff or some junk.... your dog....your dog is beautiful and he doesnt give a crap what he looks like or what % he is.....enjoy him to the fullest man. good luck

(iudk i could be wrong, .....its hard to see his size....how heavy of a dog is dad?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The short answer is that you'll never know. For the long answer, see my new favourite thread by KMdogs. http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...og-reasons-not-call-them-apbts-pit-bulls.html

Basically, you're trying to go off word of mouth and appearance trying to ID a breed of dog that was not bred for appearance and has variations of appearance. Maybe your dog has some APBT in her but really, does it matter that much? In all likelihood, you've got yourself a great companion and family dog. Just love her and treat her right and she'll do the same.

As for colour, I'd call her chocolate.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Without a pedigree your guess is as good as mine. You have a mix of unknown origins and that is what you should refer to your dog as. Welcome to the forum!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D something you'll never know for sure without papers.. just gotta love them for what they are

1 - 5 of 5 Posts