Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this site and I really love my boy champ, a black brindle american pitbull terrier. I don't know about his bloodline, but i am looking into breeding him with a female to start a bandogge bloodline. Any information on how to go about this would help tremendacly. thank you

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
In my honest opinion: don't breed your dog.

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
I agree; Don't breed him.
Without papers you have a mutt.
He may look like a APBT buy you have no proof.

We don't need more mutts floating around and ending up in shelters;
to many "pit mix" dogs already die everyday.

Leave breeding to the reputable breeders,IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
to start a good line you 1st have to know what you have. Hope you stick around and read a bit and ask anything you need there is alot of info to be learned here. Welcome to the forum , would love to see pics of your boy also :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with not breeding him if he's not registered or you know his history and bloodline. I'm new here too but I understand where they're coming from because I got my dog from the street and my wild guess is that the owner didn't want him because he was mixed. And that happens to alot of dogs, especially pit mixes.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts
SMH why does everyone feel the need to breed? Bandogs are not pets they are working class dogs, what has your unknown dog done to be deemed worthy? There are enough Bandog and Bandog type dogs out there why would you want to start yet another "new" line? What would this line bring to the breed that others do not already?

I hope you stay and learn and as others have said, you don't know what your feeding don't breed.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Hello, I am new to this site and I really love my boy champ, a black brindle american pitbull terrier. I don't know about his bloodline, but i am looking into breeding him with a female to start a bandogge bloodline. Any information on how to go about this would help tremendacly. thank you
First welcome to the forum .. Second what are you trying to accomplish as a breeder? What goals do you have in mind for your dogs? And what do you plan to do with them what is your sole purpose for wanting to breed? After 4 generations what will set your dog's apart from any other working bandog line out there? Do you currently have working proven stock that's been proven worthy to be bred? Or are you working with acquired pet stock? The reason why I ask is for any legitimate breeder who values his name and wishes to improve upon his stock doesn't start off breeding pets. A bandog is a working breed of dogs that has a defined purpose unless your testing your dogs and they are proving themselves as bandogs than they are not bandogs. You should look at this site to get an idea of what a reputable ban dog breeder does with his animals

Home - Chimera Kennels

With Breeding animals comes a lot more than just setting up two dogs to reproduce puppies if you are truly breeding your animals for a useful purpose to improve your stock than you should learn all the in's and out's of your dogs and actually put the work into them to find out if what you have is truly quality stock. The best advice I can give you is don't rush into breeding there is a current overload of unproven dogs lined up in shelters waiting for a home. These dog's come from unknown linage and unknown temperament this is not what a good breeder starts off breeding. You want to start off by acquiring good dogs from good yards that will take you some time because good dog people will often not farm out dogs to just anyone who has the money to pay for them. I think you should hold off and learn the difference between quality stock vs quantity and get your hands dirty by actually working and proving your dogs then go from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts