Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Good looking pups! I'm a sucker for blue dawgs ;) Your lab/pit mix is a handsome boy :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks! :D oh yea, little blues are very good lookin! Joanna(wife) is just in love with her, thats her little baby girl! lol. once she really understood the breed, w/ the help of Chevy being half one, she would not stop bugging me about getting her a female! lol. and not even lookin, one night at the local car meet there was Nova with all her little brothers and sisters. she had to have her :love2: that last pic of here was the night we brought her home...

bella is beautiful BTW! i love the blue/white mask they have!! ;)

Chevy is my rescue...i was in the market for a boxer or pit and almost gave up b/c i could not find anything!... a guy that worked here sent an email to everybody and was giving them away b/c they were "accidents" (to him) but fate to me. he's a really good guy with a big heart. loves us and his little sister...although she always pushing him around in the park now that she can catch up LOL
:( i miss my dogs, i need to get off work and go home! LOL.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Chevy is super handsome! Nova sure was a cutie puppy she is beautiful!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:hug: thank all of yall for the love ! joanna always makes fun of his cute little white chin hes got going on..lol looks like a little old man! lol

nova is such a little heffer too! haha, we got her at 7 weeks and man these past couple months seem like she's just growing in her sleep! :D her jaws are getting very strong too...he loves to play tug rope with me and she is in LOVE with her congs! not very interested in tuggin with me yet...but we're working on it ;)

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Cute pups for sure,
they look like good dogs.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Gorgeous pups! Judging by the chosen names, I take it you're a bit of a muscle car fan huh!? Lol. Glad to have you on board here. Can't wait to see updated pix of them.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
They are Cuties!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gorgeous pups! Judging by the chosen names, I take it you're a bit of a muscle car fan huh!? Lol....
:p haha, yea we're both fans of the old and classic and of course! hardcore chevy!! we got a couple chevy cars...currently building me a 97 camaro z28 w/ a turbo :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Great pics! I love your blue girls markings! Happy pups :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D TY! haha, yea one of the owners we got her from was going to name her "shark"? lol b/c it looks like she has a little shark tooth in white on her blue coat..lol i think nova works out ;P lol

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Good looking dogs. Chevy looks like a puppet with that white chin. LOL!
Welcome to GP. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They both look like fun. That puppy pic melts me. Just to you know, blue nose is just the color of her nose, a type of dog.
thanks! yea, that little girl was so damn cute when she would waddle around our house for the first time at seven weeks. and Chevy just didn't know what to do with that little thing but to love her! :hug: ...

oh, and i'm guessing you might have missed a "*not* a type of dog" right?
i agree. correct me if i'm wrong....

The breed, although uncertain to me, of nova i would have to say is of a APBT (american pitbull terrier) b/c of her characteristics. i'm guessing was a puppy from several breeds of her own family...to continue her blue coat. which is a recessive gene (like green eyes, both parents have to have this recessive gene to pass it on to there offspring). when i took a close look at the litter i noticed it was almost ALL blues, and two reds...and the owners, lied to me right off the bat about her shots so i wasn't going to ask any questions about her parents "blood line" that would have been a waste of time.... (whole diff. story)
i guess she could be all sorts of other line types...colby? lol jk jk!...but anyway...yes, the previous owners b/c of the popularity of this type was advertising them as "blue nose bullies" like it was a breed line....i knowingly kept my mouth shut and just took a close look at them and found nova to be beautiful...sad to say though, we found out that she had mange mite (which i believe has been found to be a trade that interacts closely with the immune system in blue pitbull terriers and are more susceptible to viral and fungal infections). very sad at first b/c she look GREAT when we got her, but it started to flare a few weeks after. we fought this battle for a couple months and as her immune system developed, the hair loss slowed down and finally (thank god) we were able to stop it. her skin is much better and she doesn't smell funny any more :p lol so, could i be politically correct by calling her an APBT? or just a little pit? :D i just don't have the papers to back up APBT proof....

haha...sorry had to rant on about it only b/c this breed is actually completely new to me and i have always been very interested in them. the past couple years i have done some serious research not only b/c that's really the way i function ( ask wife, i can't just have the simple answer, i have to know "why" lol) but b/c i love them....and when we started to have problems with Novas skin it broke my heart not knowing what to do or why it was happening. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts