Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a 5 almost 6 week old red nose.... I have already gotten all the criticism in the world for him being too young, so please just any suggestions on training and raising him happy and healthy would be much appreciated.
Is he too young to be given treats? If not then which types/brands are good??
He's currently on puppy milk and eating a small can of evo spread out over the day. I dilute the milk sometimes so he can be getting some water because he won't drink it by itself.
He's definitely got a lot of energy and loves to play. Someone mentioned stuffing a Kong ball on another site to minimize him trying to chew on me... What could I stuff it with??

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D look around and see what you can find... good luck with your pup.. we'd love to see pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here he is....so cute when he's sleeping. I have him gated into the living room right now but I really wish I could take him outside he has so much energy to burn

Attachments

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Adorable pup! Just so you know, if you don't already, red nose is not a specific type or breed. Just the color of his nose. At 5-6 wks old, he should be eating solid food and no longer needs milk, as the mother would've weaned him by now. You can soften the kibble with water so it's easier to chew and he still gets his water intake. If you scroll down just a bit and view the General Discussion area, there are threads referred to as "Stickies" at the top of that section that cover different things about raising a pup. Also, you may find some information helpful in the Training Section, as well as Health and Nutrition. Just poke around and see what you find, or go to the bar at the top of any page and click on Search, and do a search throughout the site to see what you can find.

As for the Kong toy, you can stuff it with pieces of dog food and peanut butter and freeze it, or you can stuff it with pieces of beef or chicken (either cooked or uncooked, but unseasoned) and freeze it. Trust me, he'll love it, and it'll keep him occupied. It will also teach him to use his head a little bit, think for himself.

Best of luck to you with your new pup. Don't hesitate to ask us questions or for advice.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya I agree at that age kibble is fine. If anything you can soak the kibble a bit before feeding, cute pup though .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts