Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody im new here and im getting my puppy on tuesday from a local animal shelter he is 8 weeks and was wondering what kind of food should i start him off with and what i should get him as far as supplies? cant wait to post pics when i get him. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum, for food there are lots of great ones heres a thread to get you started
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html
I prefer Orijen or Acana { same company} but it will depend on your budget Orijen is very expensive , acana is one step down in price but still good quality. Other foods I have heard good things about include taste of the wild, Blue buffalo, Kirkland costco brand, just take a look through that thread , lots of good pointers.

For equipment, I would say for sure a crate. Its always a good idea to crate train , its handy in emergency situations where you need the dog contained and it will save your floors and furniture when you arent home or cant watch him.

I would also invest in a few good chew toys { ones that wont ocme apart and cause a blockage} things like kongs are great , nylabones, meaty bones any hard toy they can chew on as he will go through a chewing phase. The kongs are great you can stuff it with things and put it in the freezer , keeps them busy for hours and the cold feels good on those teething gums.

Also get a good flat buckle collar for now dont put a choker on a pup and get a light weight leash , he will grow fast so an adjustable collar is best or you will be buying new ones weekly lol.

You may want to pick up some pee pads as well , house training will be fun lol. I notice our pups always seemed to have accidents in the same place so putting down pads or paper willhelp catch some of those.

Best of luck , any questions feel free to ask or type in the search button at the top of the page, Cant wait to see pictures of your new one :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe also some cleaning supplies for when the puppy does have an accident in the house. Ive noticed with our new puppy if we dont clean it up within 5-10 min it will start to stain the carpet.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Welcome! Can't wait to see some pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts