Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boo Dog is an absolutely wonderful creature and my first pit. I took him from a nasty situation and he's just blossomed.

Eight days ago I had him neutered (I live in a town with stupid BSL) and although he was sore afterwards he was much better the next day and by the third day was back to his beautiful self. Until yesterday.

He acts like he's depressed: low energy and he keeps his tail tucked down. He's also been unusually affectionate, slowly and repeatedly licking my legs. He's eating okay but less than usual.

I've felt him all over and he doesn't seem to be in pain but he's a pretty tough fellow. Because of the surgery he has not been getting as much exercise as he usually gets--the vet said to limit running and jumping for ten days--but he's been getting his regular walks, just at a slower pace.

Money is pretty tight for me right now but I don't want him to suffer. Please send advice about everything I can check for or do for him. Maybe I can avoid a vet bill.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
What does the surgery site look like? Is he showing any signs of infection at all?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes what she asked whats the site look like? and what is his temperature good idea to take a temperature if they have a virus or infection it will usually be elevated. he is drinking and everything still? have you felt around the inside of the back legs for any heat , swelling { lymph nodes} ?

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
How long does it take the hormone levels to drop after a neuter? It is probably too soon but maybe his hormone levels are starting to drop and it is affecting his mood. As long as he is eating and drinking I would not worry too much for now. Just keep a close eye on him for signs of infection such as refusal to eat or drink, excessive lethargy, swelling of the surgical site and high temperature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts