Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is Mary and we just adopted a 5 year old pit bull dog. He is the sweetest doggy. He snuggles and has taken over my husband's bed. He acts like a big teddybear. He did however get into a fight recently. However I don't think it was his fault. I let my dog into the dog park with about 8 other big dogs of different breads and Kody (my dog) was ok with them. Until another owner brought in their pit bull that wasn't fixed. The other dog was named Killer. Ugh..Poor dog. Anyway, I love my dog and I don't want him to be a victim of dog fights because of his breed. After the fight my dog laid down on the ground and dug his head into my arms. I cried, because the look on his face broke my heart. It was like he was telling me that he was sorry, but he was defending himself type look. He slept between my hubby and me all night long. This poor guy gets stereotyped. I grew up around these dogs, but I want to be a good responsible pit bull owner. I want to treat him right and give him a good life. He was rescued about a month ago from a dog fighting situation. My dog was bait for other owners to let their dogs attack him. My dog has scars from these fights. I want to learn everything I can to make sure He is treated right. I want to show people that just because he is a pit bull, that it's their environment that can show how they are, not their breed. This dog gets along with people, and other dogs as long as they are fixed. Is that a common thing with these dogs? Also is their breed name the reason why we had to sign a bully breed contract to adopt him?

I don't know how to insert a picture of him on here though. I'm new to this site. Any suggestions and information would be great thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sweetness91981. I agree, these bully type dogs do get stereotyped which is why the responsible thing to do is not to bring them to a dog park. Your fault, their fault, anyone's fault, guess who is going to get blamed. Good place to stay away from for many reasons.

We love pictures here and hope to see lots of them of your boy. Here is what you do:
First, the picture will have to be hosted online. Many of us use Imgur.com or some other free picture hosting site. Go to the site where the picture is hosted (Imgur, google etc.) and open the picture. Now, mouse over the URL address, right click and select copy from the drop down box.
Next, come back to this forum and open a response box or start a new thread. Place the cursor where you want the picture to display and click on the "Insert Image" icon from the top of the response box (it's the yellow one).
This will open a box that will ask you to enter the URL of your picture. Backspace off the http:// and right click in the address line. Then select paste and the pictures URL will be in the line. Click "OK" and the picture will show in your message after you submit reply.
It may sound difficult but after a few times it will become very fast.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Glad you got it working Sweetness91981. Kody is a good looking boy. I love the eye markings! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear your little guy was a bait dog! Thank you for rescuing him. I have heard people make negative comments about rescuing "secondhand pitbulls" and it's sad to me. I rescued one last year and I will continue to do so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi sweetness91981 thank you for rescuing this boy from a very bad situation he looks so well behaved and happy you are his angel. My Tebow found me while walking the streets no owner has come forward in over 3 weeks and I have fallen in love with him I for one do not take him to any parks since I do not know his history only short walks in my neighborhood for now. I've been told by his trainer to take it slow with everything for at least a month since we don't know what can trigger him. I am new to owning a Pit in the past I've owned Rotties who passed of old age. The trainer laughed at me because I owned 3 Rotties yet I was so afraid of Tebow at first because of the stories I've heard hence 3 weeks later I can't wait to get home and smush his face lol guess my opinion of the breed has changed lol.
Did you adopt him from the rescue group? Did they evaluate him? I helped with the Rottweiler rescue and that is what we did before they were put up for adoption. The new owner was told everything about their new member of the family. Unfortunately Rotties are also stereotyped as being vicious guard dogs so we (the rescue) had to be very careful about knowing the dog and it's triggers and more importantly knowing the people and place the Rottie was going to live.
Now back to your rescue boy did the rescue group give you any information about his triggers? If they didn't maybe you should call them and inquire about them. But in the meantime love him get to know him and let him get to know you and have him realize he is safe and the nightmare he was in is over for ever. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Aw, thanks for rescuing him and for posting pics. His marking are way too cool! Keep him out of the dog park, that place is trash anyways :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts