Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago my girlfriend picked up a stray dog. She is a one year old, not spayed/neutered, has heart worms (which is why she has not been spayed/neutered yet) Lab Pointer Pit Bull Mix. We named her Rogue (she's got a small white spot on her head so I thought she looked like Rogue form X-men) and I love her very much. The only problem is that I know nothing about pit bulls. I know labs, because I grew up with labs, however, I have never really been around a pit bull before. So is there any advice y'all can give me? She's a pup so I don't know if training her is going to hard. And she kinda growls at other dogs and strangers, so I don't know if that is because of her breed (I know nothing about pits so I am very sorry if that was offensive) or if she growls because she is not use to strangers or has not been socialize with other dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Some dogs are definitely easier to train than others. There are a lot of different opinions about training, I personally have found that positive reinforcement training has worked very well for me.

Pointers and labs are both relatively easy to train, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to train/retrain this pup. So glad that you have a new bundle of joy in your life

we are what we do repeatedly. excellence is then not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts