Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
JR MEMBER
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my first boy at 4 months, here's his ped tell me what you think (just spent an hour sloppin it together)
I only payed $400 for him and with some of the names in there I think it's a steal, but tell me what you think thanks!

If the image is too big please tell me how to resize it.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
i dont know what others may think but i believe anything over $300 is over priced, regardless of the names in the ped, this is also coming from someone who has never paid more than $200 for a well bred apbt in the past.
ambully breeders tend to be more about profit than anything, generally speaking so as far as that goes $400 isnt entirely ridiculous.

·
JR MEMBER
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know what others may think but i believe anything over $300 is over priced, regardless of the names in the ped, this is also coming from someone who has never paid more than $200 for a well bred apbt in the past.
ambully breeders tend to be more about profit than anything, generally speaking so as far as that goes $400 isnt entirely ridiculous.
There's some good names in that ped.(i know not as great as some)
He was marked at $650 before I even got off the phone with him :hammer:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
thats not a bad price up here from what I gather with my american friends the price for a dog is wayyyy more then what americans pay , our large dogs in shelters go for $450-$500 and thats a shelter dog no papers. here a papered dog starts at $1000 and up wayyy up lol. so that price looks good to me , what matters to me more then papers though and price is what the pup looks like and what the parents look like , any pictures?

·
JR MEMBER
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats not a bad price up here from what I gather with my american friends the price for a dog is wayyyy more then what americans pay , our large dogs in shelters go for $450-$500 and thats a shelter dog no papers. here a papered dog starts at $1000 and up wayyy up lol. so that price looks good to me , what matters to me more then papers though and price is what the pup looks like and what the parents look like , any pictures?
(SORRY FOR LARGE PIC TELL ME HOW TO MAKE SMALL PLEASE)

1st two images are the pup
last image is the dad. I don't have a pic of the mom

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
u going for pet quality? the front end on the pup looks wrong to me the front legs and the paws not sure how to explain it or maybe its just the way im seeing it. You got a great deal though and i think he will be a great lil dog. dad looks ok but hard to tell from one pic maybe slight easty westy but nice markings and I like him. you have more of the pup from the fron standing up ? maybe him sitting is making him look off? and if you scoop from under him near the back he will stand better pulling his tail up is making him tuck his rear :) I like his markings though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the pup better then the sire, from the looks pup want be as short, but what do I know, and as far as deals I paid $200 for mine and she is UKC PR" which I thought was a deal, but being a member to this forum you hear everything. There is always someone who has something to say about bullies aka pitbulls, so don't let a reply put you down.I've been catching up in bullies 101, and learning more about what I have and what to look for in my male Im looking to buy here in the future. Good luck with that awesome pup.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I didnt mean to put him down dsg Obviously I like bullys I own them lol. he asked for opinion on his dog and I gave it never said it was a bad pup at all and he got a good price. JFYI 'PR" doesnt mean anything lol breeders try using that to make it sound like there dog is extra special says that on all my dogs papers and most everyones now adays :)

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didnt mean to put him down dsg Obviously I like bullys I own them lol. he asked for opinion on his dog and I gave it never said it was a bad pup at all and he got a good price. JFYI 'PR" doesnt mean anything lol breeders try using that to make it sound like there dog is extra special says that on all my dogs papers and most everyones now adays :)
I'm aware of the breeders and them using PR, I wasn't Praising it nor was I speaking on your reply, which I though was true . Come to think of I've never read a negative reply from you until now. FYI I was prewarning about others who will tell him everything they feel is wrong regardless of how it comes out. Sorry for the confusion, with all do respect, in my Ricky Bobby voice. :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
oh lol my bad , Im like I didnt think i was that mean to him I like the pup and all was just pointing out what i saw lol again could very well be the pic hard to tell when he is sitting :) yes there canbe some anti bully remarks at times but I think most everyone has grown past those and tend to not post if thats all they have to say. this forum is very helpful to all breed owners alot of issues we have arise arent breed specific and everyone comes together nicely for the most part :). the rpoblem with online writting is you cant get the tone or sarcasm across that some of us posess lol so it gets twisted every now and then , take what you can use and what you cant just ignore lol hope you stick around and get to know us all. would love to see how your new pup grows :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lol, it's all good angel. And yes I can't wait to see how his boy turns out. Heck I can't wait to see how my girl turn out....lmao

·
Registered
776 Posts
i may be wrong but his back looks a bit strange. your just looking for a pet right ?
even then .
maybe im just seeing things

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Very cute pup, but the structure of both him and his sire though is concerning and looks painful. What counts is that you are happy with the pup. That is an low average price for a pet quality pup from what I've seen; with no titles or health tests in the ped I'd don't know if I'd consider it a deal. Just my opinion though.

Regardless he is adorable and I hope makes you very happy for many years to come. CONGRATS!

·
JR MEMBER
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Very cute pup, but the structure of both him and his sire though is concerning and looks painful. What counts is that you are happy with the pup. That is an low average price for a pet quality pup from what I've seen; with no titles or health tests in the ped I'd don't know if I'd consider it a deal. Just my opinion though.

Regardless he is adorable and I hope makes you very happy for many years to come. CONGRATS!
The sire and dam both had health tests/x-rays for breeding.
And what do you mean by the structure looks concerning?

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
The sire and dam both had health tests/x-rays for breeding.
And what do you mean by the structure looks concerning?
I got my dog for 400 as well and I wont sugar coat it. The parents weren't health tested or anything like that and the backyard breeder used the fancy ped to get me to rescue the dog from the terrible condition it was in. I got lucky with a good pup with good temperament, but I highly doubt your puppy's parents were health tested before breeding, if they did what organization did they use? do you have digitical copies of the x-rays? what did they x-ray?

the pup looks good in my opinion, you gotta baby the heck out of him and make sure you let him grow slowly because he looks to have weak pasterns. Keep the pup lean, don't over exercise him at all and make sure he has a soft bedding. Anyway, that's a good looking pup, very leggy which is good :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I do hope that you bought this pup with the knowledge that it is an American Bully and not an American Pit Bull Terrier. Welcome to our forum. :)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
There is no way those parent's were health tested if the breeder said they were he lied to you. Only a blind man would breed dog's that poor in structure. I know you love your pup and that's all that matters. I would neuter him as he is not show quality or breeding quality for that matter. But I am sure he will make a wonderful pet.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Perhaps they were health tested... and the results were not good... but they bred them anyway lol That would be the only way getting around that. Some people think health testing is just taking the dog to the vet for a check up though!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts