Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little man Bruce is about 4 months old and he has two terrible acts I cannot seem to break him of and don't quite know how to begin to do so. First of all he is a nipper, when he does I tap him on the nose and tell him no but it doesn't seem to do anything he just keeps biting. Also he is a jumper. A lot of people told me of he jumps up put your knee out and he will eventually stop, Uhh that's not working either, I need advice I guess I'm just not sure about how to do this whole training thing, I was actually considering obedience classes. I just worry because of my daughter and I don't want him nipping at her, he has knocked her over a few times which really irks me. I know he's just a puppy but she is my real baby... ImageUploadedByPG Free1344487439.183086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
It gets better don't worry :)

Here is a thread about couch jumping http://www.gopitbull.com/obedience-training/45108-need-help.html

As far as nipping you need to say OUCH really loud and stop all play immediately. Even though it doesn't hurt. Stop play and interaction until the pup eventually realizes fun ends when he does what he is doing. I tried looking for another thread on it and can't seem I search on my phone and I'm getting mad. Take a look at the training threads and new puppy threads. Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets better don't worry :)

Here is a thread about couch jumping http://www.gopitbull.com/obedience-training/45108-need-help.html

As far as nipping you need to say OUCH really loud and stop all play immediately. Even though it doesn't hurt. Stop play and interaction until the pup eventually realizes fun ends when he does what he is doing. I tried looking for another thread on it and can't seem I search on my phone and I'm getting mad. Take a look at the training threads and new puppy threads. Good luck!!
Thank you so much, such a great help!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts