Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed lately that whenever Blanca (10wks) gets told NO for doing something bad she will go to her bed and lay down looking OH SO sad :(.. why is this? Anything to be concernded about?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Sounds awesome.

Kane looks at me and tries to think of another slightly different way to do the same thing... just in case that's allowed.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
lol @ the above post!!

Dogs do not have the complex emotions we have and many times people try to label them like they are remorseful, jealous, shamed, or other human emotions. It is more simple than that and be happy she was responsive to just a vocal correction. Most puppies would just look at you and they do it again or try something new. I think it would be more of a submissive pup stopping the behavior then going to a submissive position, a down. Now because she is fearful but out of respect and that is a good thing. The laying down could be to consider what her next move will be ;)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Why do u think animals do not have any emotions? I agree I could project emotions but I can tell when Mel is anxious or bored or happy or sad. Seems weird to think they don't have them, just cause they can't talk doesn't mean they can't communicate and have emotions. Mel tells me all the time what toy he wants to play with or when he wants food or to go outside. Maybe I am not understanding what you mean.

I come home from work and he immediately goes to where he lost his favorite ball and will stare under my bed or dresser or couch until I look under and find what he was tellin me he lost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts