Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend some tough dog toys that don't have stuffing and are not hard? Sasha I feel enjoys these toys more than the hard/bone type and I would like to get some better ones that won't leave the house a mess when she destroys them... She also loves the rope style toys... Actually her first toy ever was a rope style and she just destroyed it last week.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
They make ones that are made of fire hose material. That might be strong enough, but I think they are stuffed. They have those Skinneez ones too. But I haven't tried it, my dog just rips everything apart and leaves pieces around lol so I won't even bother.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
the none stuffing teddy bears from petco. they last my dogs awhile.also i go a lead rope for horses and kinda cut it up a bit smaller and tied a knot on both ends and its lasted for 8 months and still going.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
the none stuffing teddy bears from petco. they last my dogs awhile.also i go a lead rope for horses and kinda cut it up a bit smaller and tied a knot on both ends and its lasted for 8 months and still going.
Do your dogs rip pieces out of the horse rope? because my dog loves ropes but he tears them apart! maybe the regular ones just aren't strong enough?

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
I know that KONG makes some rope like toys that are softer. Have you tried a KONG out before? They're rubber and you can stuff'em with treats, my dog loved hers and it lasted nearly 10mo...

·
Registered
294 Posts
but that's what its all about right? waking up in the morning & finding stuffing from one end of the room to another left for you to clean up? lol all they really want is the squeaky thing anyway haha. i thought about just buying the squeekies & tying them into old socks.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
but that's what its all about right? waking up in the morning & finding stuffing from one end of the room to another left for you to clean up? lol all they really want is the squeaky thing anyway haha. i thought about just buying the squeekies & tying them into old socks.
haha thats a great idea! socks were the only thing my maltese used to play with...anyway I bought a Kong Wubba for Deebo and when he ripped the material off the aqeaky part was actually a rubber ball so that was pretty cool lol not a total waste.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I believe the toy is call Tuff Stuff they make a toys that are APBT safe. I bought one for Mikado a lobster we still have it all the dogs love to play with it. Vendetta doesn't chew up any toys she loves her toys she walks around the house with little ones in her mouth just sqeeking away. She doesn't like big toys the smaller the better.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
yea my dogs tear up all there toys but that rope is still hanging in there way better then i thought it would its soft they are able to take a little off the ends but since they have it wound up so tight ( for horses obv) but its rather strong.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know that KONG makes some rope like toys that are softer. Have you tried a KONG out before? They're rubber and you can stuff'em with treats, my dog loved hers and it lasted nearly 10mo...
yep, I have the black kong which she plays with too... I guess softer toys just keep her more interested for some reason.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got one of those long crazy critters toys for Loki and he lovess it I keep it on his flirt pole... I know kong started making soft toys but anyything soft can be destroyed with the right dog lol hopefully it'll just take her longer

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
K9 Tuff - ONLY Tough Dog Stuff | Product Detail

I haven't tried it, but I am going to order one maybe next week.
The description seems pretty good:
Mega Construction: Seven Rows of Stitching Each toy's seven layers of material are sewn together with two rows of linear stitching and two rows of cross stitching. The four rows of stitching are protected with an industrial grade luggage material that is sewn 3 more times. Seven Layers of Material Three layers of 600 Denier industrial grade material, three layers of plastic coating and finally one layer of soft fleece. All seven layers are rolled together and then sewn with a one inch cross pattern to prevent layer separation. Protective Webbing Additional industrial grade luggage material is sewn around the outside edge with three rows of stitching to cover and protect the first four rows of stitching. Squeaker Safety Pockets Each Squeaker is safe and quiet because they are sewn into a nylon safety pocket beneath seven layers of material. These toys are machine washable (air dry) and float.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K9 Tuff - ONLY Tough Dog Stuff | Product Detail

I haven't tried it, but I am going to order one maybe next week.
The description seems pretty good:
Mega Construction: Seven Rows of Stitching Each toy's seven layers of material are sewn together with two rows of linear stitching and two rows of cross stitching. The four rows of stitching are protected with an industrial grade luggage material that is sewn 3 more times. Seven Layers of Material Three layers of 600 Denier industrial grade material, three layers of plastic coating and finally one layer of soft fleece. All seven layers are rolled together and then sewn with a one inch cross pattern to prevent layer separation. Protective Webbing Additional industrial grade luggage material is sewn around the outside edge with three rows of stitching to cover and protect the first four rows of stitching. Squeaker Safety Pockets Each Squeaker is safe and quiet because they are sewn into a nylon safety pocket beneath seven layers of material. These toys are machine washable (air dry) and float.
Don't try it. I bought this brand yesterday, they have ratings for level of toughness. The Mega is 10 and I bought a 9. It lasted Sasha a whole 15 minutes before the stuffing was out and she found the heart(squeeker)....

If the 9 lasted 15 minutes I say the mega isn't as indestructible as they claim. I think I might stickt o 2 liter bottles lol.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Don't try it. I bought this brand yesterday, they have ratings for level of toughness. The Mega is 10 and I bought a 9. It lasted Sasha a whole 15 minutes before the stuffing was out and she found the heart(squeeker)....

If the 9 lasted 15 minutes I say the mega isn't as indestructible as they claim. I think I might stickt o 2 liter bottles lol.
Blah! Garbage lol. Thanks for the heads up. Hey, a plastic bottle keeps him busier than anything else anyway. I gave him a small frozen water bottle once, he was soo excited!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.