Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willow, mini Aussie, red Merle, as a one eyed, one horned flying speckled people eater.
She lost her first eye about five months of age. Uncontrollable glaucoma.
A few days after this costume contest (which she lost to a bunch of lame crap), her remaining eye was white again. A $380 vet visit later, corneal ulcer and infection. Meds may help, but giving her history, we are kinda screwed.
It's still cloudy, but pain seems a bit better. Hoping for the best. I figured we'd loose her other eye eventually, but not so soon.
She is an emotional dog. Very connected to us. I think she will need a lot of time to process total blindness. We will do all that is needed.
My sister had a cat that had to have both eyes removed at an early age, she has done incredibly well.
Happy thoughts appreciated. Eye drops every three hours. Great fun.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Flooring Floor

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She turned 2 in May. Eye looking a smidge better today. She's not keeping it scrunched closed anymore.
Oh, and when we got her, it looked like she was gonna have beautiful green eyes. Then they got darker, then the glacoma.😢

·
Administrator
5,640 Posts
She turned 2 in May. Eye looking a smidge better today. She's not keeping it scrunched closed anymore.
Oh, and when we got her, it looked like she was gonna have beautiful green eyes. Then they got darker, then the glacoma.😢
That is so sad, she's so young to have glaucoma. I'm glad she has you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mom was a blue Merle, dad was supposed to be a tri, but must have been cryptic Merle.
She's my little genetic defect.😁
Also, she's a p.i.t.a. as she couldn't care less about food. Weirdo.

·
Administrator
4,798 Posts
She's a gorgeous girl. I'm so sorry she's losing sight so early on. Lucky girl to have you to take care of her while she goes through it all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Recheck today...
Pressure 10, which is GREAT! Ulcer gone, still a little pus in the eye.
Every 3 hours drops dropped to every 6 hours, woohoo!
Still cloudy, but she's feeling fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts