Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Josey occasionally will gently smack her lips and her tongue comes out a little. I have no idea how to search for this. She usually will do it several times before going to sleep, with me being more aware of it if she is up on my recliner with me. She seems perfectly healthy. I can tell when she is doing it as there is a little sound as her lips come apart. Could it just be a little comforting thing she does as she is falling asleep? I hope someone will know what I'm saying from this description and tell me it is just a doggy thing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea - I'll have to have the camera handy some time soon. Had a few other people on another forum say their dogs do this too before sleep - just a dog thing.
I'll post a video if I can get one.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
m dogs do this before they go to sleep well the one in the room it really bothers me and most of the time i end up getting up and placing her in the crate in the other room or she paces and i have hardwood floors so i hear her feet clicking she takes forever to lay down and has a mat lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is my little video - edited just to catch the three lip thingys. You can see she is ready to doze off even with the camera in her face. :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
hahaha my boy does that when I touch he paws, lol. They are so funny with the quirks they do, you pup i super cute too :) Love it!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Lol looks like a quirk for sure!! Nothin to worry about.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone - She will be three on Christmas day. Our 1st ever dog, and even though she has done this since we got her I just finally wanted to find out why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts