Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay finally encountered my first Rottweiler that hasnt tried to kill me or my dog. The fear might be lifting. Its funny Ive been around other even larger dogs but Ive never met a Rott that wasnt human aggressive.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Yay finally encountered my first Rottweiler that hasnt tried to kill me or my dog. The fear might be lifting. Its funny Ive been around other even larger dogs but Ive never met a Rott that wasnt human aggressive.
I think I have seen one or two I dont think they should be overly agressive. They should be watchful but calm around strangers if their master is there.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think I have seen one or two I dont think they should be overly agressive. They should be watchful but calm around strangers if their master is there.
I currently have 2 Rotts and have previously had several who passed and have NEVER had an issue with HA. Rotts are *supposed* to be alert and watchful and tend to be aloof with those outside their immediate family. A well-bred Rott should not be HA. Unfortunately, they face the same poor breedings as bullies/pitties because people think they will be great guard dogs. Properly trained, a Rott is a great guard dog and they also have high herding instincts and many work as herders. But far too many end up in the hands of inexperienced or ill-informed owners who shape them into aggressive animals. Personally, every Rott I have ever had has been great with kids and even small animals.

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences but I hope you have more positive interactions in future as they are a great breed.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Yea I had a Rott growing up and never had any problems with her being HA. She was a great dog, had some DA issues but was always kind and polite around the people we brought over to the house, and even strangers out on the street.

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
Rotts r some big boys...my neighbor has one...huge always barks but seems like he has a soft side..Im' not gonna try to pet him though:)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I love Rotties... I've always met big goofy babies. But I was once chased by a rottie when I was a kid riding my bike. It was wayyy scary!

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
i had some neighbors when i was little that owned an HA rottie and left him outside near the alley chained up with a big chain to a foundation support to their house.. they bred him and got an equally HA pup. Both scared the living bajeezus outta me, and the son got loose once and was about to eat me (i swear he was) but by the grace of god my grandma pulled around the corner and my bestie and i hopped into her car.

Having said that, my uncle has a Rottie, she's getting a little up there in age, but she's the best dog ever and I think she's just great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts