Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just a quick thread... I've been busy but I've been watching the forum every now and then and see where things are going, and frankly the things that have changed the forum for the worst where on an extreme biased of certain people. a lot of peter riding and cliques where if you don't agree with certain people they talk about/to you like your a degenerate. and a lot of potential members and people who want to learn where scared off for various reason, this site has HORRIBLE member retention(for those that don't know what retention is it's the ability to keep something, in this case members). More over, I'm really not sure some the members/mods here really care about the forum enough to put them selves and their clique in check and act like adults. So in closing I'm really disappointed with where this forum has went so i'm leaving.

If you feel you need to talk :poop: or ban me go ahead but at least my heads not up may ass like some people around here

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Registered
816 Posts
im not new new....but not terribly well informed, ive done my research and have done the best job i can for 6 months and how people react to my dog is i think partly because of how much love and devotion i show my dog. ..... with that said, i do visit this forum and wouldnt mind understanding the OP s complaints..... i mean an open forum should be open for civilized adult discussion. im just curious ...... thanks

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
im not new new....but not terribly well informed, ive done my research and have done the best job i can for 6 months and how people react to my dog is i think partly because of how much love and devotion i show my dog. ..... with that said, i do visit this forum and wouldnt mind understanding the OP s complaints..... i mean an open forum should be open for civilized adult discussion. im just curious ...... thanks
Discuss away, I just get tired of these threads. It baffles me why people want to make a thread they are leaving a forum. I just leave because I don't see a point in making an announcement. Carry on...

·
Registered
816 Posts
ya ya if the OP is a drama queen i got ya ......im just trying to understand the issues with this forum....is it the APBT owners look down on bullys ? is it work dogs are the only thing that counts? im just curious as to what dynamics this forum has..... i live in so cal ....i want to meet people with apbt s.... and im hoping one day ill read a thread of a get together at a park or some crap ..... idk how to go about meeting other pitbull owners because i am totally in love and devoted to my 6 month old....and i want to do everything i can to make sure everyone in the world has a chance to own this dog because they are amazing..... so .... idk just wanted to see what the fuss was about.

for me.... i dont know anyone...so im kinda lost. but i do enjoy daily the pic threads and just seeing other beautiful dogs....and hopefully have a convo or learn something more about my dog. anyways ..cheers :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
The issue is that this forum has 12,000+ members and some people don't have the ability to be on a forum of this size. This specific member has trashed this forum both here and else where for some time now so why they continue to have anything to do with this forum rather than just leave is beyond me.

People have opinions and that is life. Someone can say they think your dog is a poodle, but that doesn't make it fact or mean that you have to care in any way what so ever.

Immature people who can not handle this blame the staff, and active members of the forum since they post more than others.

THIS IS AN ONLINE FORUM. NO ONE IS PHYSICALLY MAKING YOU DO ANYTHING, BELIEVE ANYTHING OR EVEN LOG IN!

Stop your crying and grow the hell up!

To add our forum is still growing and one of the most active bully breed forum online, so your attempt at claiming we are loosing members and are a horrible forum holds no ground......

Many new people join here and get along here just fine. After 4 1/2 years on this forum I can easily say it is the best I have found online and over the years has had the best group of people pass through. Some can handle a forum full of opinions, while some people can't.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
The issue is that this forum has 12,000+ members and some people don't have the ability to be on a forum of this size. This specific member has trashed this forum both here and else where for some time now so why they continue to have anything to do with this forum rather than just leave is beyond me.

People have opinions and that is life. Someone can say they think your dog is a poodle, but that doesn't make it fact or mean that you have to care in any way what so ever.

Immature people who can not handle this blame the staff, and active members of the forum since they post more than others.

THIS IS AN ONLINE FORUM. NO ONE IS PHYSICALLY MAKING YOU DO ANYTHING, BELIEVE ANYTHING OR EVEN LOG IN!

Stop your crying and grow the hell up!

To add our forum is still growing and one of the most active bully breed forum online, so your attempt at claiming we are loosing members and are a horrible forum holds no ground......

Many new people join here and get along here just fine. After 4 1/2 years on this forum I can easily say it is the best I have found online and over the years has had the best group of people pass through. Some can handle a forum full of opinions, while some people can't.
Calling MFs out like an umpire!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
As much as I hate contributing to a thread like this, I'll try to address rodrigo's questions about the dynamics of the site.

Put simply, this is by far the most tolerant, patient and polite dog forum I've seen. There are working dog people, show dog people and pet owners of APBTs, Am Bullies, Am Staffs, Staffords and other breeds (including non-bull breeds) and for the most part we all get along fine and everyone respects each other.

Obviously this is not to say we don't disagree on certain things from time to time. Any time a thread involving the APBT's history things usually get entertaining for instance.Most of the time, however, people will just agree to disagree on things eventually.

Have we lost good members? Definitely. Just check out my friends list in my profile, there's more than one banned member in there. Having said that, I haven't seen anyone being banned or even disciplined for simply having an opinion contrary to someone else's.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
As much as I hate contributing to a thread like this, I'll try to address rodrigo's questions about the dynamics of the site.

Put simply, this is by far the most tolerant, patient and polite dog forum I've seen. There are working dog people, show dog people and pet owners of APBTs, Am Bullies, Am Staffs, Staffords and other breeds (including non-bull breeds) and for the most part we all get along fine and everyone respects each other.

Obviously this is not to say we don't disagree on certain things from time to time. Any time a thread involving the APBT's history things usually get entertaining for instance.Most of the time, however, people will just agree to disagree on things eventually.

Have we lost good members? Definitely. Just check out my friends list in my profile, there's more than one banned member in there. Having said that, I haven't seen anyone being banned or even disciplined for simply having an opinion contrary to someone else's.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
There are no real dynamics to this forum really.We have dog owners from all walks of life.I myself got into this breed by being what is sometimes called a "pet bull" owner.We are very tolerant and love all of the dogs of these breeds.
I've been a member of several different forums over the years and have found this one to be the best.Tis why I keep coming back.I've learned more here than I could have ever imagined.
Yes there are sometimes disagreements.Who doesn't have those?But the majority of the time they are hashed out in a grown up way except by those who aren't wearing big boy/girl pants and take stuff waaaay to personal.If you're the type of person who takes things way to personal in life then forums aren't for you.Which I believe to be the case here.
I'd like to know what the op is pertaining to here?What has he "seen" that has him feeling this way?Stuff has been mild here lately.The problem may be with him and not the forum.And probably is based on how I'm seen him post on other forums.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I am a member on a couple other forums and this is the only one that I come to on a regular basis. Why you ask? Because I feel there isn't that much drama on this forum and this forum isn't all about pushing puppies out. Most of the other forums I am on all they do is promote breedings of dogs that shouldn't be bred in the first place. This forum is the place to come to if you have any questions regarding this breed, the moderators are willing to answer any question you have. What you have to realize is this is a public forum, anything you post up people are entitled to their own opinion. You have to be prepared for the worst or the best comments from people. I'm glad to be a part of this community and feel like I've learned more about this breed. I would definetly recommend people to join this forum over the other forums because it's nice to actually log onto a forum and not see a million different breedings of unhealthy dogs being advertised. People on this forum actually seem to care about this breed.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Agree with all of the above. I've been a member for 3.5 years now and this site continues to change and grow. You don't have to agree with every post but as has already been mentioned, this is one of the best forums out there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
yeah ive noticed some tension at times from history, or roots or how pure this or that..... dontget me wrong i have been reading about apbt for 8 months and i try to learn everything about them....and i certainly am so excited and happy that i came across this breed.....but competition or social rankings are lame based on ....well based on doesnt matter they are lame nonetheless.

so far my experience is pretty chill...i just figured out how to sub to threads hahahahah .....

idk....we have awesome dogs.... enjoy and share....the rest is baggage.....i left mine with my ex wife.... good luck wherever u are honey lol

anyways trying to lighten the mood....good day to all

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts

(i knew this would come in handy)

This community is the most easy going filled with some of great people.. As diverse as it gets as hound owners/handlers.. If you can't handle this one the only other option is going to one of those PETA loving ones.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
how many of the 12,000+ are active members? I mean how many post less than 100 or so posts and never return? Does the membership get cleaned out each year for people who have not posted? just curious...

There is a huge amount of knowledge on here and I have learned a lot being here. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes so when you hear someone was banned for XYZ there is probably wayyy more than just that one post, IMO, that got them banned. It could have been a third strike or something. Who knows the history behind the banning.

Feeling bullied anywhere (even if you agree to disagree) can get old. I love the differing opinions and seeing multiple points of view that are argued intelligently, and have examples. I think this place does a great job of that. There are some that suck at it, but that's not the forums fault, that's just people without people skills. It does make me sad about some that have been banned, but like everyone said this isn't the only forum, so just do your thang and others will do theirs. To each their own.

Reactions: Firehazard

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Basically if you got guff bring it up in the Drama Bomb..

If you wanna kick rocks; kick rocks... No dear john letters... Just Bounce, thats the best impression anyway.

Good luck finding another forum so well rounded in the knowledge base... The language here is PG13 no more harsh than daytime or evening television, probably cleaner. The people here have done a great effort in balancing the divisions of dog owners and keeping the mud pie slinging down to a minimum. We can have some real good conversations here and everyone can learn a good deal, just like in life someone in the circle of knowledge may have a mouth like a sailor or a framer, do you leave intelligent conversations cause someone uses a word some "feel" is vulgar? No bring integrity to the conversation and do not repeat the language if you find it harsh.

Anything offensive you can bring to the mods attention and anyone is more than welcome to help. I don't see a clique; lord knows I travel in large groups of 1. We each bring a lil something different to the table and not all of us are :poop:y in the same ways other people are :poop:y ...

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Another damn thread complaining about the members and the mods and how the forum operates shocking lol. There is no reason to complain or seek therapy from other members about your unhappiness here your not bound by contract so at anytime you may leave and none of us will stop you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.