Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would ask a group of people who know best. I love my dog who I have had for 6 months, but I was told he was boxer/bullmastiff. Everywhere I go, I hear pit. Let me know what you think!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
He could be mixed with a couple different breeds. It fun guessing. I say possibly Pit and Dane depending on his height. His face says Dane to me. What ever the mix he sure is cute :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, I see the dane. I don't know if he's that big though. I just want to hear a more seasoned person's opinion. Bo could not be a sweeter dog though...but I see dane, Esp in this picture:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I'm so curious is that I never thought he was full pit, you know maybe a mix, but yesterday at the vet he tried to convince me he is 98% pit. Not that there is anything wrong with having a pit, the vet was just against the breed and thus, against my doggie.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Everyone thinks short coat + muscular = must be an apbt. I dont see him being 100% apbt, how much does he weigh currently?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Also i could see Dane/APBT.. My Bandog has both Dane and APBT bloodlines and to give an idea, heres him around 10 - 12 months..

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
68 pounds as of yesterday.
68 @ 6 months is actually larger than Myles was at that age by a good 15lbs, for reference. Currently hes still growing at 14 months and is 98lbs as of yesterday.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh No!!! I totally wasnt clear about that. He's two. And hes no where near that tall!!! I'm sorry, I forgot to put his actual age in it. I rescued him after he's been through about 7 homes so I cant quite track what's in him. My bad :(

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I have seen many boxer mixes for some reason we have a bunch of BYB boxers out here and they look a lot like pit mixes. It is hard to say for sure and of course it is all speculation but he is definitely some sort of bully breed, a mastiff, boxer, pit, or even Dane. I would think though if there was much Dane he would be taller. Again who really knows but his head to me does not say pit. That muzzle reminds me more of mastiff type dogs, maybe bandogge of some sort.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
in the first picture i kinda see bull terrier, pointer, or some kind of hound in the nose a little bit (just a tiny bit)? it looks more "stream lined" i guess the term would be than normal. more than likely wrong but just little details that i noticed.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Find a new vet!

Reactions: aussie monster pitt

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
He's a good looking dog whatever is in him!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im not sure what he is, but if you told me he was a pit mix i would go for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts