Go Pitbull Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear about this dog alot,but i dont know jack about him.
My question is this,why is the dog so famous,in other words,what did this dog do to be come such a well respected dog in many "blue" pedigrees,also any one have any photos of this notorious producer.
thanx alot,...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well,
Ive done a little research on gotty,and it seems he is mostly of am staff linage,found a photo of him and one of his grandsons"monster" also.
Was gotty a working dog or was he most renown for the offspring hes produced?
And here is his grandson "monster",looks like a american bully..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
I've seen a few of the Am.Staffs in person that is in his bloodline and there is no way that he is purely from them. He must have a little sumthin' other than Am.Staff & APBT in his bloodline somewheres. Just my opinion Ü
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Shadyw said:
I've seen a few of the Am.Staffs in person that is in his bloodline and there is no way that he is purely from them. He must have a little sumthin' other than Am.Staff & APBT in his bloodline somewheres. Just my opinion Ü
I agree with you 100%. Monster looks like he's crossed with english bulldog.
 

·
Good with tools
Joined
·
9,791 Posts
is the color part of the blood line? what did they mix them with to get the size? did he have a part in creating todays version of apbts? come on guys, fill me in over here:poke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
In my opinion, he had a part in destroying what the APBT is SUPPOSED to be, and created a whole new "monster" of deformed, overdone dogs that are so far from what the original APBT is that it's not even funny. It's sad really. I feel sorry for the dogs that are put into bodies that can't function in everyday ways. It's one of the worst forms of animal cruelty out there. Creating mutants just because they "look cool" or are "cute" with no concern for the fact a sentient being has to LIVE in that body.
"Blue" is a huge part of the fad. Again, sad, that the only thing people are choosing now adays to determine whether a dog is breeding quality is color. Whatever happened to health, vigor, temperment, ability?!
Ok... so now you've got me ranting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
satanscheerleader said:
In my opinion, he had a part in destroying what the APBT is SUPPOSED to be, and created a whole new "monster" of deformed, overdone dogs that are so far from what the original APBT is that it's not even funny. It's sad really. I feel sorry for the dogs that are put into bodies that can't function in everyday ways. It's one of the worst forms of animal cruelty out there. Creating mutants just because they "look cool" or are "cute" with no concern for the fact a sentient being has to LIVE in that body.
"Blue" is a huge part of the fad. Again, sad, that the only thing people are choosing now adays to determine whether a dog is breeding quality is color. Whatever happened to health, vigor, temperment, ability?!
Ok... so now you've got me ranting.
First of all I just SO wish I didn't come here and see this -L- Everyone has their own opinions and if that's yours then so be it..mine is alot different than yours. probably alot of yours.. but I just wanted to say I have dogs that have Juan Gotty in their ancestry and they look alot different than what did you say "whole new "monster" of deformed, overdone dogs that are so far from what the original APBT is that it's not even funny." Why do topics like this have to keep coming up is all I want to know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I think because when you have pure bred dogs, there is a standard and when people don't follow the standard, it makes breed purists upset. There is a point to a breed standard but so many breeds have been destroyed by the "fad of the day".

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold anything against the dogs. If one came into rescue I would love it just the same. I just get furious over breeders who want to cash in on a fad. APBT's are supposed to be a PERFORMANCE breed. They are supposed to be bred for performance, not looks, not stature, not color but a whole package of ABILITY.

The other thing is that many of these breeders that have denied mixing other breeds into the lines for years are now being known to admit that they have. I have no issue with people mixing breeds for purposes, like say the Rennaisance Bulldogs, but admit it! Why lie about it and claim a dog is pure and dilute a line of purebred dogs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Jenny Poo said:
Why do topics like this have to keep coming up is all I want to know?
I don't know. I gave as much info to Cane that I could b/c thats what he asked for! And then the next thing you know on comes the name calling. It's really starting to get old and wearing on my nerves. I'm just about to deactivate my account and keep in touch with some of you guys through email!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
redog said:
is the color part of the blood line? what did they mix them with to get the size? did he have a part in creating todays version of apbts? come on guys, fill me in over here:poke:
Yes juan gotti had a huge part in creating the new designer "pitbulls" he has sired over a thousand pups which tells me his owner is nothing more than a gold diggin unethical byb that dosen't care anything about this breed. Obvisouly these dogs are mixed with something if I had to guess I would say it's oeb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I'm not trying to be name calling at all. Its not about that. Facts are facts and people are over sensitive because they love their dogs and they take it personal. If you step back emotionally and look at the breed say 20 years ago and look at the direction it's taking. The "new generation" is so far from the original parent stock, even the breeders are starting to admit it and are breaking off to form their own breed, the American Bully.

I don't mean to be insultive Jennypoo.

The other thing is these breeders use words like "monster" and "mutant" to descibe their dogs so where is the insult and nasme calling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
satanscheerleader said:
The other thing is these breeders use words like "monster" and "mutant" to descibe their dogs so where is the insult and nasme calling?
I'm not gonna argue or debate about this. I'm done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
You know what I find frustrating? The fact our breed is in such dire straits but people have a hard time with open and honest dialogue. If our breed is to make it through this tough time it is imperative that we can openly discuss ALL issues surrounding our breed. It's like that term "breeder blindness" wear the breeder is so emotionally attached to their animals, they can't make good breeding choices based on facts. If we are to see our way out of the whole our breed is in, the facts have to be faced whether we like it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Well

i tend to try to stay away from these threads because they upset me, but I just wanted Jenny to know that I understand how you feel, Chicos great grandfather on the mothers side is Juan gotty and I dont think that he is the "overgrown monster" type dog either. and it does offend me when he is judged because he has that in his pedigree, I think any form of talk negative toward RE or gotty should not be allowed on this forum, thats just my opinion, we never had any of these issues or spats until some of the newer members joined, we were all here for the love of our dogs, now we have turned into just one of those other boards where people feelings get hurt over stereotypical judgements that no one wants to hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
littleboyblue said:
i tend to try to stay away from these threads because they upset me, but I just wanted Jenny to know that I understand how you feel, Chicos great grandfather on the mothers side is Juan gotty and I dont think that he is the "overgrown monster" type dog either. and it does offend me when he is judged because he has that in his pedigree, I think any form of talk negative toward RE or gotty should not be allowed on this forum, thats just my opinion, we never had any of these issues or spats until some of the newer members joined, we were all here for the love of our dogs, now we have turned into just one of those other boards where people feelings get hurt over stereotypical judgements that no one wants to hear.
Well said! :woof: Cane asked for infomation. IMO if someone doesnt have any information to share w/o there opinions but into just move onto the next thread!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top