Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimber started out with a scissorbite but now she has a slight underbite. She will be 9 months on sat. Will it go back to normal or stay like this? Both of her parents have a scissorbite just wondering why hers changed .

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ Firehazzard
Haha this is true! I guess I was really wondering if we could have caused it playing tug o war with her so much . (Feel free to laugh if that was a dumb statement)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
nope.. if the pups are young 6-12 weeks .. is very possible to change their bite somewhat by excessive tugging games... just like you can shape their ears in the same time frame ;)

If its reverse scissor bite that a perfect bulldog bite. NOT to undershot, just as I said, reversed scissor ;) that is most likely genetic ;)

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
ha ha ha you said we could laff,
its probly a perfect 'bite'
but the canines have to be able to fit together when her mouth is closed,

either way that has nothing to do with how well that dog is treated,

and the only place that it would be considered a fault is in the show ring.

if she's on a hog, it wont matter one bit

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
From what I have heard, the under jaw grows for a longer period of time. A full underbite is unlikely to correct itself, but it certainly isn't an uncommon fault with these dogs. If you didn't have plans to show, I wouldn't even worry about it. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not showing her, she doesn't have papers. I got her from my dads friends we get all our bulldogs from to hunt with, she has some good drive and we have put her in the pen a few times with some young sows and went right for them once she saw my dads cur go after it it was game on . But Everything seems to fit together fine, her bottom front teeth just go over her top a little . It only noticeable when you lift up her lips, not exaggerated like how an English bulldog looks?

Surfer glad I could give you a good laugh :) , I still consider myself pretty new to all this, def have a lot to learn . Patches was the 1st dog I've ever trained by myself to bay/catch hogs, even tho she was an old cur dog she stayed right up there with my dad's bulldogs. And lord did it take some blood, sweat, & tears to get her to that point!

Oops I rambled on there, sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts